Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII GI Gaiters?

Article about: by Dean Thanks!~ Speaking of avatars.. I love yours,man! You dont oft see the ss panzermann w/ beret in wear! I have a Heer panzer beret but def want the ss variation someday! Thanks for the

?

Default WWII GI Gaiters?

I got these and I think they're WWII GI issue gators because they say are dated 1942 and I've had a pair in the past that were given to me by the vet himself!
    Also I got some other gators that are similar to British or German one I've seen before. Lastly is a strap marked '7.62' and some Chinese characters after that. Possibly AK47 or SKS strap? Thanks for any info given.\
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII GI Gaiters?   WWII GI Gaiters?  

WWII GI Gaiters?   WWII GI Gaiters?  

Default re: WWII GI Gaiters?

Yep US WW2 gaiters and are the typical 42 period colour
    The second pair are British, unless they are dated it's difficult to tell if they 40-60's
    I can't help on the strap, maybe a Chinese ammo box strap?

?

Thanks again as always, Rene! I got the whole lot for $15 !
    ~Dean

Quote by Dean View Post
    Thanks again as always, Rene! I got the whole lot for $15 !
    ~Dean
    Cheers Dean,
    ya can't complain about $15 bucks nice score Mate

?

Yeah, I cant complain! I always loved your avatar picture! 1984 was a great movie and an even better book in the like of other prophetical stories such as 'Brave new world'. It is sad to think we are at that point in time.
    ~Dean

Quote by Dean View Post
    Yeah, I cant complain! I always loved your avatar picture! 1984 was a great movie and an even better book in the like of other prophetical stories such as 'Brave new world'. It is sad to think we are at that point in time.
    ~Dean
    Ha you are the first to ever comment on my avatar. I haven't seen "Brave New World" I'll have to chase that one up but I've seen and read 1984, nowa days 1984 does remind me of our world today.
    Cheers Dean

The 2nd pair of gators are 1960's I have a pair dated 1965, used to use them for hunting ;-)

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    The 2nd pair of gators are 1960's I have a pair dated 1965, used to use them for hunting ;-)
    May I ask? How can you tell? I have a Aussie pair 45 dated and are very similar but in the Aussie stripey material

?

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    Thanks!~ Speaking of avatars.. I love yours,man! You dont oft see the ss panzermann w/ beret in wear! I have a Heer panzer beret but def want the ss variation someday! Thanks for the info on the gators ans I'm glad to hear you wear them for hunting as well. I plan to do the same soon here!
    ~Dean

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    May I ask? How can you tell? I have a Aussie pair 45 dated and are very similar but in the Aussie stripey material
    Because they say "1965" on them ;-) but who knows, maybe they just made them the same after WWII.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast