Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Map Light? US or foreign?

Article about: I ran across what appears to be a map light it has a switch that turns the light to red and it has a lanyard. It doesn't have any markings and it might not even be military but I cannot find

Default WWII Map Light? US or foreign?

I ran across what appears to be a map light it has a switch that turns the light to red and it has a lanyard. It doesn't have any markings and it might not even be military but I cannot find anything by searching boy scouts or camping. It might not even be US made. If anyone has seen anything like this let me know! The lanyard reminded me of a pistol lanyard but not one I recognized (similar in material to a webley lanyard). WWII Map Light? US or foreign?WWII Map Light? US or foreign?WWII Map Light? US or foreign?

?

hi this is US Air Force Pilots Pen LightWWII Map Light? US or foreign?

What era is it? I tried Army Air Corps and Navigator light but did not try Air Force. Is it Korean War era?

?

Top: Flashlight, Penlight Style, Pilots. Black lens bezel rotates for Red or White light.

2nd from top: Unmarked Penlight

Bottom two: Green & Yellow 1952 Pen Flashlights made by Justrite Manufacturing Co.

U.S. Navy, U.S., and U.S.A.F explosion proof flashlights. These have the same lamp keeper that the MX-991\U based flashlights have.

- - ------- - -

the top two should be wwii

Thank you for the fast identification!

?

you're welcome

?

I would also add US Navy/Marine Corps Aviators.
    They were carried on their flight suits.
    I have one from the 80's that I got from a friend who worked in flight equipment.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 02-16-2020 at 11:57 PM.