Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII USMC Experimental Jungle Bladder Help

Article about: Hey Guys! I recently got this Experimental Jungle Bladder to add on to my Experimental collection. Both the Bladder and the case are dated '44 and USMC. Its in pretty good shape other then a

?

Default WWII USMC Experimental Jungle Bladder Help

Hey Guys! I recently got this Experimental Jungle Bladder to add on to my Experimental collection. Both the Bladder and the case are dated '44 and USMC. Its in pretty good shape other then a little rust staining in the back. If you have any information on it please post because I would love to learn more about it! I'm not really sure if its rare or not? I also posted this on USMF its just i would like multiple opinions lol.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII USMC Experimental Jungle Bladder Help   WWII USMC Experimental Jungle Bladder Help  

WWII USMC Experimental Jungle Bladder Help   WWII USMC Experimental Jungle Bladder Help  

WWII USMC Experimental Jungle Bladder Help  

Default Re: WWII USMC Experimental Jungle Bladder Help

G'day Ryan
    All I can say is it can't be common and I've only seen an Army type 45 made by "The International Latex Corp" in one of my reference books, it also states that there where a few experimental types tested from 43.

?

Thats what i was thinking also that they have to be rare becuase i've only seen one in my lifetime and this was it. I did a little research and nothing came up while looking it up. So i have no idea
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

Bump for the morning. Anybody else know?

Looks like a 1940s version of a camel back

?

Also like a modern hydration vest but with straps .

?

Bump for the evening crowd. Still any info would help!
    Thanks
    Ryan

I have seen a lot of these but almost all the ones I have come across are marked US instead of USMC and usually are dated 1945. These do not demand as much money as the experimental canteens but they are on the endangered list
    -Ben

?

Thanks Ben! So how much would one of these run around price wise with these sort of markings, shape wise, and rarity?
    Thanks Again
    Ryan

The regular Army ones I have seen in various conditions from 35-65$, being that this is marked earlier and USMC I would say a bit more but I am not to sure, USMC things go crazy on fee bay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast