Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1948 hand-writing...? Soviet-Chinese

Article about: Hi, Would someone have an idea about the hand-written sections of this document? It is a Soviet-Chinese movement-permit from Dalian, China, 1948. Would be nice to know the names of companies

Default 1948 hand-writing...? Soviet-Chinese

Hi,

Would someone have an idea about the hand-written sections of this document?

It is a Soviet-Chinese movement-permit from Dalian, China, 1948.

Would be nice to know the names of companies, people and reasons for it being issued.

Many thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1948 hand-writing...? Soviet-Chinese   1948 hand-writing...? Soviet-Chinese  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1948 hand-writing...? Soviet-Chinese
    P
    Many

Brehme
    ?

Default Re: 1948 hand-writing...? Soviet-Chinese

Pass №10600
    for Ugan-Yan-Gui
    was born 1917 ethnic nationality China
    representative of a firm Kuieu
    purpose of visit sell in Lu-dya-von
    valid from 8 august to 8 september 1948 year

Thank you.

I am interested to know more about the company he is working for, is there more detail?

?

"representative of a firm Kuieu"

It' not "Kuieu", it's a russian word "kupets", means "merchant". So, nobody knew if this person represented any company or just himself. Maybe you can find this info in the other, Chinese part of this doc, but here I can't help you.

Chinese parts says merchant too, no company name, sadly, so one can not find out for who he was working. Since this part of China was under Soviet control and there where no private merchants then, if I am right, then he should have been working for some sort of company or organization, government controlled...

?

It could be not necessarily so. It was not the Soviet territory, just controlled. So, seems there could be any private merchants at that early post war time, till Chinese communists changed the situation. In any case it’s better to ask Chinese comrades to clarify this question.
    Etymologically, the word “kupets” doesn’t mean that this person works in any Soviet organization. Quite the contrary, this word came from pre-revolutionary times and means exactly the private merchant.

Well, I know that this was a special zone, all finances and banking controlled b the Soviets, so I assume, as in Communist China, that this was the case. But, I also accept your idea, sounds logical.
    See sample scan of a bank note that was circulating in this zone, designed and issued by the Soviets, 1948.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1948 hand-writing...? Soviet-Chinese   1948 hand-writing...? Soviet-Chinese  

Hi, For the Chinese part, the holder's name is "Zhang Yan-gui", 31 years old. His home address is No.78, Ying-Hua Street, Dong Guan village, Xi Gang district, Dalian. He was a merchant and the purpose of his journey was "commercial trade". The travelling destination was Liu Jia Wang (village) and he planed to get there via Ma Lan He. The certificate was issued by "Guan Dong Gong An Zong Ju" which means General police office of Guan-Dong region literally.

Jonney

Hi

Gong An Ju is the same term used before and after 1949 for police station or public safety office. This movement pass or so-called travel document is special for that zone in Dalian. Thanks Jonney for the translation at the top.

Neil