Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Berlin Assault' book.

Article about: by Mehti Safarov As to your question, Aleks Apart from some flavor of propaganda the memoirs are very informative. I've found a lot of details covering the street fighting tactics/features e

Default 'Berlin Assault' book.

Issued in 1948 by the Armed Forces publishing house, 485 pages.
    The book contains the memoirs/letters/diaries of the soldiers who were engaged.
    The illustrations are based on the field sketches of the military painters who have been designated to draw.
    Please let me know if you're interested and I'll try to keep posting the A4 pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Berlin Assault' book.   'Berlin Assault' book.  

'Berlin Assault' book.   'Berlin Assault' book.  

'Berlin Assault' book.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Berlin Assault' book.
    P
    Many

Mehti, I've been looking for this book for ages and I'd love some more scans of it, of course if that is possible.

No problem Aleks. I'll keep them posting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Berlin Assault' book.   'Berlin Assault' book.  

Thank you! I must say that the graphics are really nice. What are the memoirs like?

I have a similar book like this, called "Штурм Кенигсберга" - Assault on Königsberg. I will share some scans of it later.

These pics are fantastic, thanks for taking the time to post them for us mate!

As to your question, Aleks
    Apart from some flavor of propaganda the memoirs are very informative. I've found a lot of details covering the street fighting tactics/features e.g. breaching the walls to get to the next building, communications lines laying over the buildings etc.

Great stuff keep 'em coming!...

Wow is that an interesting book. Very cool! It's always seemed a strange dichotomy regarding Russia in WW2, in that they were brutal and murderous at times in their treatment in regards to their own soldiers fighting, and yet had and have such great national pride and (at least it seems) unity for their contribution to the defeat of Germany. This book is a testament to that, as clearly a lot of care was given to honoring these events.

Dom
    ?

Hi Mehti

the illustrations are gorgeous

( Note that the portrait , Stalin is represented with a one Order of Victory )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast