Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Capture of Berlin document help???

Article about: I just picked this up. Havent seen to many of these. Can anybody help with translation and any information would be great.

Default Capture of Berlin document help???

I just picked this up. Havent seen to many of these. Can anybody help with translation and any information would be great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Capture of Berlin document help???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Capture of Berlin document help???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Capture of Berlin document help???

Issued to the Red army man, Kazan Pyotr Grigoriyevitch, issued from the order of a Head of Main headquarter, Marshal, comrade Stalin, from a 2 mail 1945 year,for a (.........text invisible, just a Berlin visible..), to all the unit's servicemans, include yours who take a part in the battles- official thanks
    Unit commander /signature/
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

How interesting, Ive never seen one of these. Presuming the day of signing was the day of the award. It makes you think did they drag there Russian printing press with them? or Did they use what was around at the time. I guess its a long shot at working out Who signed it. I want one!

Doomula5000, award documents are common. Yet, this one you have is quite interesting. Today you can find bunches of these types of award and merit documents in antique stalls in Russia and I own a few variations of other citations during the Stalin period. The printing was not 'on site' and many documents were made post-war with a back-dated year. That is the reason 1945 is printed and the blank field data was filled-in by hand. By doing that, this type of award was useful even in 1946 and later. To me, your document has 'quality' problems. The blank fields are only partially filled-out and the hand writing looks 'hurried' without care. Pay attention to the top line below the Stalin art work, it looks like a mistake then another writer wrote alongside in different ink... well it looks that way on your photo at least. The overall condition of this piece is not very good. If you want to see examples of these types of documents please email or send me a message.

Hi Will

Thank you for the Info on Award date etc, Its Hard to get a Close up look of this Document. However I see water stains. This has Faded Some sections of this Document. Maybe its Hurried and Scruffy for what ever reason. IMO this is Definitely a very old piece of paper....Pls see PM.