Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Airphotos

Article about: So I am looking on airphotos taken of my town and the surroundings and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how to look at airphotos. Where do I need to pay attention to?

?

Default Help with Airphotos

So I am looking on airphotos taken of my town and the surroundings and I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how to look at airphotos. Where do I need to pay attention to? How do things look on an airphoto?

So far I found this weird stripe of land outlined with dots on both sides at exactly the same distance. Its about 300m long. The photo was taking on 13 september 1944. To me it looks like a small airfield? Could that be te case? or am I speculating to much haha?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Airphotos   Help with Airphotos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Airphotos
    P
    Many

?

I should say airstrip, cause I think if its an airstrip it has not been completed cause of the lack of buildings (hangars) in the photo. Good reason for it being not compleated is the allied advance. Within a month it was liberated.

Or is it just a diffrent crop field XD?

?

I'm going to guess hay fields with cuttings. fields to left and right look like hay (wheat maybe?)
    Fields at the bottom look like tree or vine crops.