Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Invitation Cards from the Allied Commision in Finland

Article about: Just thought I would share these, nothing special but I haven't seen this in circulation before. I will share the another that I got later. The Allied Commision, that was mostly made up of S

Default Invitation Cards from the Allied Commision in Finland

Just thought I would share these, nothing special but I haven't seen this in circulation before. I will share the another that I got later.

The Allied Commision, that was mostly made up of Soviet troops stayed in Finland 1944-1947, to ensure that Finland followed the laws of Moscow Armistice.

Translations:

Cover: XXVIII Anniversary of the Red Army - Liberators of the European people from under Fascist oppression.

Inside: The Allied Commision of Finland's Chairmans deputy General Lieutenant G. M. Savonenkov honorably requests you: ____ to the 28th anniversary of the Red Army's reception event, that is situated in restaurant Adlon, Fabianinkatu 14, Saturday 23rd of February 1946 16.30 - 18.30.

Wow that was hard to translate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Invitation Cards from the Allied Commision in Finland   Invitation Cards from the Allied Commision in Finland  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Invitation Cards from the Allied Commision in Finland
    P
    Many

?

I like it! The graphics are very cool.

Quote by Erno View Post
    I like it! The graphics are very cool.
    Thank you Rick! Yes, the Order of Victory looks very nice.

I can only guess how that party went. Russians celebrating about the "victory over facism", while both parties are made up of veterans and getting drunk. Not good.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Thank you Rick! Yes, the Order of Victory looks very nice.

I can only guess how that party went. Russians celebrating about the "victory over facism", while both parties are made up of veterans and getting drunk. Not good.
    I think I would choose service on the Eastern Front over that.

Quote by Erno View Post
    I think I would choose service on the Eastern Front over that.
    LOL, same here!

Thanks, Aleksander, this is the first time I see some doc with the Soviet troops in post-war Finland.

It's been very brief reception I must say - one should try very hard to get drunk in just two hours

No problem Mehti!

Indeed! The atmosphere must have been quite tense at that party. I believe Finns and Russians accepted that challenge with open arms.

?

Thanks for showing.
    I do not know anything about Soviet awards or military kit. I do enjoy looking at it though. Especially the art work.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Thanks for showing.
    I do not know anything about Soviet awards or military kit. I do enjoy looking at it though. Especially the art work.
    No problem. Soviets had one of the best artwork by aesthetic value, like Nazi Germany.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    No problem. Soviets had one of the best artwork by aesthetic value, like Nazi Germany.
    I agree, especially the avant-garde of the 1920s and 30s.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast