Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Large 1943 Russian Propaganda Poster Need help with translation

Article about: I bought a few WW2 Original WW2 Propaganda Posters this weekend..man they have gone up in price!!!. In amongst them was this large 1943 hand painted ( water colours) Propaganda poster. It is

?

The poster is now in a large plastic "Bag" and carefully rolled into a proper strong shipping tube, so it is protected, and ready to ship to anyone that would want it.

Dean O
    Canada

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large 1943 Russian Propaganda Poster  Need help with translation
    P
    Many

Dear CampX, Your large poster was called a "Window Poster" and it was made by the artist mentioned while they were at TASS (Soviet Telegraph agency) in the Soviet Union. They were stenciled, as I think you mentioned below. These are not highly collectible in the poster world because they are fragile and they need to be stored in a proper cardboard poster tube. Yet, each of these TASS posters was a unique design and so really, every one of them is a gem as they were not made in mass production ways. Careful not to roll the poster "tight". Looser is better for rolling and try to use a tube width that is large so the poster has room inside to be "free" in the tube and not constricted. The optimal way to store is in a flat file, however. I think your price is fair, $250.00. While I collect Soviet posters, I don't acquire TASS posters because they are very brittle and damage quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2