Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Latvian pre war magazine “atpūta” from 1935

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to share one of my collection’s rarest item. This magazine maybe is familiar with some of the Latvian members on the forum, this specific issue of “atpūta”

?

Default Latvian pre war magazine “atpūta” from 1935

Hello everyone, I would like to share one of my collection’s rarest item. This magazine maybe is familiar with some of the Latvian members on the forum, this specific issue of “atpūta” was issued on the 26th of July of 1935, it’s the 560 issue of this magazine. This magazine is special do to it’s history and rarity, I rarely have seen these magazines outside of the net and books. Raul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latvian pre war magazine “atpūta” from 1935
    P
    Many

Hello Raul. What kind of magazine was it? It looks like a general magazine, maybe the kind of a weekly.

In a quick search I found on the net this other cover of the same magazine.

Raul I have to take advantage of the occasion. Can you translate the text of this poster?
    Thanks in advance!!
    Best regards.
    Santi

?

The text reads” 1941 1 July 1942 happy joint future ahead. Also the magazine is a general type of magazine Because my issue has a combination of military and lifestyle of the Latvian man or woman. Raul

Thanks for the translation, Raul.
    You are fortunate to live in a country full of history and interesting objects of militaria to collect.
    A friend of mine whose grandfather was in the Blue Division, has some photographs of the period of the Riga Hospital in which he was during the war.
    Santi

?

Interesting. Sadly most of the German stuff here is long lost, destroyed or in museums. The only German stuff you can get here are mostly ground dugs and imported stuff from Russia or Ukraine, but here is probably the only place where you can get dp27 magazines, ammo boxes, helmets, panzer ID flags and reichsmark banknotes under 15€. Raul