Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Officer's photo

Article about: At Richie's request I'd like to show a nice Soviet officer's photo I have in my collection. A cavalry officer if I remember correctly? Col. Voronin in 1949.

?

Default Officer's photo

At Richie's request I'd like to show a nice Soviet officer's photo I have in my collection. A cavalry officer if I remember correctly?
    Col. Voronin in 1949.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's photo   Officer's photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer's photo
    P
    Many

Default Re: Officer's photo

That's a very nice photo Eric. He looks pretty young to be a Col. I don't have much knowledge on Soviet awards but he's got them stacked. Thanks for showing. I really enjoy personal photos like this.

Jay

He has the Order of the Red Star, and two Orders of the Great Patriotic War on his right breast, The Guards badge on his pocket flap, on his left he has two Orders of the Red Banner, unsure what the next one is, and the Victory over Germany medal. Note: The two Orders of the Red Banner, are the post war version, as they have the ribbon hanger. The pre-war/GPW era version was the screwback version.

Boridin
    Last edited by RedHorseman25; 04-22-2010 at 06:30 PM.

I blew the picture up as best I could. I am still unsure what the one is, but I am leaning toward the Medal for Bravery, only because there is something on the bottom edge, and the ribbon is a light color, but I just can't get enough fidelity of detail to make a positive ID on it!

Boridin

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    That's a very nice photo Eric. He looks pretty young to be a Col. I don't have much knowledge on Soviet awards but he's got them stacked. Thanks for showing. I really enjoy personal photos like this.

Jay
    The Red Army was top heavy by the end of the war with respect to rank. A large number of generals compared to the western allied armies. Probably cleared the way for a number of young Col. as well.

Dom
    ?

Quote by RedHorseman25 View Post
    The two Orders of the Red Banner, are the post war version, as they have the ribbon hanger. The pre-war/GPW era version was the screwback version.

Boridin
    Hello Boridin ,
    The decree of 19 June 1943 establishes the new attachment system.