Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Partisan/Resistance photos

Article about: French Resistance fighters, Paris 1944 Jewish partisans, Russia.

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Partisan/Resistance photos

But most of them wore Polish head gear or German with Polish insignia.Sometimes they would take it off and sneek right past the Germans!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Partisan/Resistance photos
    P
    Many

The strength of character that some of these individuals display through their gaze is inspiring. When I see the the young women, especially the corpse of the young dutch lady, I realize what could easily have happened to my grandmother when she carried food, messages and ammo as a young teenager, during the 1916 rising here in Ireland.

Superb pictures, and thank you for posting them.

Heer officer with a Cossack. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Partisan/Resistance photos  

Renzia777
    ?

Default Re: Partisan/Resistance photos please help

Hi , my grandfather who was a survivor of the holocaust past away a month ago , the other day to my amazement i found his picture in a book . My friend suggested that i google the picture and i ended up finding it on this website . My grandfather is the one that is holding the gun in the Jewish partisan picture , his name was Yitzhak Aizner. my hero and i would be of great interest to me if you could tell me where you found this picture
    Thank you for your help

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Greek Communist partizans with British Airborne Officers of the 1st Indep Parachute Platoon in 1944. Within weeks they would be fighting one another....
    Hi Ade!

It's been some time since this one was originally posted, but is there any inscription on the back or any info you may have, regarding the place where the photo was taken or maybe even the ELAS unit that these men belonged to? Looks like a long shot, but I would be really interested!

Regards, Giorgos

Hi Giorgos, my friend Mike Compton who took photo passed away some years ago. But I know the photo was taken outside Athens. But I know other members of his unit who are still alive, in fact I only spoke to one of them last night. I will see what they can remember.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Giorgos, my friend Mike Compton who took photo passed away some years ago. But I know the photo was taken outside Athens. But I know other members of his unit who are still alive, in fact I only spoke to one of them last night. I will see what they can remember.

Cheers, Ade.
    Sorry to hear that the man who took the photo passed away... I hope that he had a good life after the war! But it's really great that you are in contact with the other paras! It's a real treasure, specially now that these men are leaving us... I wonder how many of the men pictured survived the oncoming battle and the following years...

I 'm really interested in the partisan units of the vicinity of Athens, since my grandfather fought as a machine gunner with the 1st Batallion of the 34th Regiment of the 2nd Division of ELAS. The Regiment took part in really tough battles against elite forces (British paras, SS mountain troops...) I am really curious if the men could belong to it! It would be great if the vets could remember!

I really appreciate your help, Ade! Thanks for your time and give my greetings and thanks to the vets, too!

Regards, Giorgos

?

Fotos Soviet partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Partisan/Resistance photos   Partisan/Resistance photos  

Partisan/Resistance photos  
    Attached Images Attached Images Partisan/Resistance photos 

Captured partisans, ostfront 1942/43. Pictures from Bunderarchiv.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Partisan/Resistance photos   Partisan/Resistance photos  

Partisan/Resistance photos   Partisan/Resistance photos  

Quote by rudeerude View Post
    Fighters of the Lithuanian ant soviet resistance: Klemensas Širvys alias "Sakalas", Juozas Lukša alias "Skirmantas" ir Benediktas Trumpys alias "Rytis". Juozas lukša was Soviet government's most feared resistance leader. He managed to escape iron curtain two times and returned to Lithuania. He searched for help to resistance from CIA and other secret service.
    Which Submachine gun is that?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast