Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Photos of two soviet frontoviks

Article about: Gentlemen, I just bought these photos of two soviet soldiers. The first one has some handwriting behind. It catched my attention because the man is smiling but still seems to have a deep sad

Default Photos of two soviet frontoviks

Gentlemen,

I just bought these photos of two soviet soldiers.

The first one has some handwriting behind. It catched my attention because the man is smiling but still seems to have a deep sadness in his face. He looks to be wearing two bravery? medals, apart from the Guards badge.

The second photo is a portrait of another soldier, which has an Order of the Red Star, a Victory over Germany medal, a Capture of Berlin medal and finally a 30 years of the Soviet Army anniversary medal. However, there is an order on his left pocket flap that I don´t get to grasp. Maybe the medal experts can tell what award it is.

Regards,

Gus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photos of two soviet frontoviks   Photos of two soviet frontoviks  

Photos of two soviet frontoviks   Photos of two soviet frontoviks  

Last edited by guscanoesp; 07-29-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Typo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photos of two soviet frontoviks
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Photos of two soviet frontoviks

The first one has inscription in Ukrainian language, which means: For a long rememberance from Nikolai to Raisa, foto made in the time of Great patriotic War, after fall of Berlin. The badge on the second picture is something like this: Ready for labor and defence, something like excellent sportsman, the owner make the picture after 1947 year, due of his young face and XXX of Soviet Army medal, developed for 30 years of Soviet Army 1917-47 in 1947 year. Very strange but for his 3 years service he is still private in rank...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The first one has inscription in Ukrainian language, which means: For a long rememberance from Nikolai to Raisa, foto made in the time of Great patriotic War, after fall of Berlin. The badge on the second picture is something like this: Ready for labor and defence, something like excellent sportsman, the owner make the picture after 1947 year, due of his young face and XXX of Soviet Army medal, developed for 30 years of Soviet Army 1917-47 in 1947 year. Very strange but for his 3 years service he is still private in rank...
    Dimas,

Thanks a lot for your prompt an precise answer, as usual. Awesome badge.

You are correct ,the second photo was taken at least in 1947 because of the Anniversary medal, but how do you know he has been three years in service when the photo was taken?

Regarding his rank, do you have a hint of the reason for being still a private? Bad behaviour maybe? Granted that his face shows he is not the brightest guy of his family, but it does sound strange that he has not progressed in the Red Army.

Regards,

Gus

?

The first guy is not far from the last by age, that is just a face of the Soviet soldier who crossovered the war and death.
    The last guy has Medal of victory over Germany and capture of Berlin, at least he was there at a last week before the Berlin was captured. so from 1 May 1945 till the medal of XXX was established , 22 Februar of 1948 year ( 30 years of Soviet army and fleet), so, there is approx a 3 years ( depends of which month the owner gets the medal). But as we know there a service in Soviet Army for a three years( NAVY-4 ) probably this is his demobilisation picture....
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    Gentlemen,

I just bought these photos of two soviet soldiers.

The first one has some handwriting behind. It catched my attention because the man is smiling but still seems to have a deep sadness in his face. He looks to be wearing two bravery? medals, apart from the Guards badge.

The second photo is a portrait of another soldier, which has an Order of the Red Star, a Victory over Germany medal, a Capture of Berlin medal and finally a 30 years of the Soviet Army anniversary medal. However, there is an order on his left pocket flap that I don´t get to grasp. Maybe the medal experts can tell what award it is.

Regards,

Gus
    First guy does not look sad to me, he just has a "frog" eye. He looks pretty happy to me, especially if he was alive to pose for the picture. Great photos BTW.

Regards, Steve