Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

The Russian Girls !

Article about: During World War 2 the women of Russia stood up to be counted in actual combat probably more than any of the other nations involved in the conflict. Here are a few photos of some of the Russ

CBH
    ?

Love these threads . Any man who says women can't be useful in the frontline combat , has never heard of a Soviet Women Snipers !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Russian Girls !
    P
    Many

Cholponay Rakhimova (Чолпонай Рахимова) from her March 26th, 1940 Komsomol Identification Book. Born 1918, she joined the VLKSM in 1938 at the age of 20. She would have been about that age or a little older, maybe 22, in this photograph. I noticed the scarf, perhaps the red bandanna worn by members (pioneers) of this young communist organization.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !  

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Cholponay Rakhimova (Чолпонай Рахимова) from her March 26th, 1940 Komsomol Identification Book. Born 1918, she joined the VLKSM in 1938 at the age of 20. She would have been about that age or a little older, maybe 22, in this photograph. I noticed the scarf, perhaps the red bandanna worn by members (pioneers) of this young communist organization.
    A bit old to be a pioneer!
    Actually, having joined the VLKSM, a person has left the Pioneer organization.

E. T. Ereshenko from her 1927 1st Central Asian State University (Uzbekistan SSR) Identification Book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !  

The Russian women, unfortunately, would usually pay a terrible price when captured. Many chose to fight to the death.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Corporal Elena Vasilyevna Hristoforova (Елена Васильевна Христофорова) was a telephone operator with the 43rd Independent Communications Regiment who was awarded an Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class, as well as a Combat Service Medal. Serial numbers are unknown at this time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !   The Russian Girls !  

The Russian Girls !  

Default Russian women

Interesting topic. Looking at all those faces you ask yourself, what has become of them?!
    I am holding just 2 faces of them in my collection and I do not even know their names. Their handwritten names are very difficult to read for me. Perhaps someone can help me with that. The picture with the 2 airforce members has a small message on the backside. The other example is a Belarusian trade union membership booklet for medical staff.

The Russian Girls ! The Russian Girls !

The Russian Girls !

The Russian Girls !

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Interesting topic. Looking at all those faces you ask yourself, what has become of them?!
    I am holding just 2 faces of them in my collection and I do not even know their names. Their handwritten names are very difficult to read for me. Perhaps someone can help me with that. The picture with the 2 airforce members has a small message on the backside. The other example is a Belarusian trade union membership booklet for medical staff.

The Russian Girls ! The Russian Girls !

The Russian Girls !

The Russian Girls !
    The photo with the pilots is really nice! Shows some nice uniform details.

Mariya Klimovna Titova, Sergeant & Surgical Assistant, 167th Independent Medical Surgical Battalion, awarded a Combat Service Medal & Order of the Red Star.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !   The Russian Girls !  

The Russian Girls !   The Russian Girls !  

The Russian Girls !  

?

The Russian Girls !

Another nice colour shot of Rosa , surely the worlds best ever looking sniper !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast