Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

The Russian Girls !

Article about: During World War 2 the women of Russia stood up to be counted in actual combat probably more than any of the other nations involved in the conflict. Here are a few photos of some of the Russ

Junior Lieutenant Elena Fillipovna Morozovna – Case Compiler-Typist, Counterintelligence Section “SMERSH,” 202nd Middle-Don Red Banner Bomber Aviation Division.

More about her in the coming weeks, stay tuned. . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Russian Girls !
    P
    Many

Another of Junior Lieutenant Elena Fillipovna Morozovna, this one from her service record. . .

Thanks, Auke!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !  

?

I know a lot about World War 2 but I must admit that I've never heard of the Night Witches... fabulous account of feminism heroism!

I will add one to the lot: Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya (Зоя Космодемьянская) - I didn't saw her listed here... I think.
    Great Soviet partisan and a Hero of the Soviet Union! Unfortunately she was hanged by the Germans for sabotage on November 19, 1941. She was just 18 years old.

The Russian Girls !

Anna Ivanovana Shorokhova of Tashkent, Uzbekistan through the years; March, 1956 from her Komsomol Book, June, 1956 from her Labor Union Book, she was an interior painter, and finally July, 1974 from her Communist Party Identification Book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !   The Russian Girls !  

The Russian Girls !  

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Roza Yegorovna Shanina Senior Sgt in the 184 Rifle Divison , 54 Kills until she was KIA in January 1945.
    Great thread! One of my all time favorite WWII images ever.

Remember the heroes...

CBH
    ?

Quote by jpgonc View Post
    I know a lot about World War 2 but I must admit that I've never heard of the Night Witches... fabulous account of feminism heroism!

I will add one to the lot: Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya (Зоя Космодемьянская) - I didn't saw her listed here... I think.
    Great Soviet partisan and a Hero of the Soviet Union! Unfortunately she was hanged by the Germans for sabotage on November 19, 1941. She was just 18 years old.

The Russian Girls !
    Sometimes when sitting around a camp fire at night I think about the Night Witches , in Biplanes with the motor off just waiting to dive bomb my fire !

Engrossing Night Witches film, in six parts, starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-5cVgjJZu4. It's in Russian, but with subtitles.

Enjoyed this film last night. . .

?

Thanks Bill !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

You're welcome, Paul.

An esteemed collector colleague shared with me the following observation and quote which I think germane to the topic at hand:

"An author's commentary on his impressions of visiting the Soviet Union in the late 1980s.

'But more than anything else, I like the dying breed of true believers.

'Communism was bankrupt in every respect. The bosses in the Kremlin knew it and commenced grabbing. The workers in the resource-chomping factories saw it, as did the young and the non-Slavs, the quarter-billion subjects without a future. But a generation of proud Soviets remained - aging, poor, and mostly women - who still made the country function, to the extent that it worked at all.

'Only its women allowed the Soviet Union to endure as long as it did. Not the Red Army, nor the industrial gigantism, not the succession of goofy five-year plans. Sober and devout, women in the forties through mid-sixties swept the streets, cooked the food, petted the drunk, and excused every delay on the path to the Communist promised land. They were honest, those women. Painfully so. Had I been minded to found a joint-venture corporation amid the Soviet rubble, I would have hired only women.'

Looking for Trouble: Adventures in a Broken World (p. 29) - Ralph Peters"

Here is a nice group one, don't know if it's been posted before, I think it's from the end of the war?

The Russian Girls !

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast