Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

The Russian Girls !

Article about: During World War 2 the women of Russia stood up to be counted in actual combat probably more than any of the other nations involved in the conflict. Here are a few photos of some of the Russ

A couple of more recent ones taken by myself at the Victory day parade last year in Volgograd.The Russian Girls !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !   The Russian Girls !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Russian Girls !
    P
    Many

Heinz Konsalik wrote the (fictional) novel 'Frauenbatallion' about a Russian female sniper unit and the German snipers tasked to deal with them. I found it quite good, despite some unlikely romantic storylines.

Quote by robin morley View Post
    A couple of more recent ones taken by myself at the Victory day parade last year in Volgograd.The Russian Girls !

Not quite in the spirit of the thread but a man after my own heart!
    I guess the idea is that the enemy just lose interest in fighting and lie down

Mark

Polina Denisovna Osipenko (Полина Денисовна Осипенко), Valentina Stepanovna Grizodubova (Валентина Степановна Гризодубова), & Marina Mikhailovna Raskova (Марина Михайловна Раскова), the three Heroines of "Rodina" (Родина), "Motherland", the Soviet women aviators who flew an Anatov ANT-37 3,617 miles nonstop from Moscow to the Soviet east coast near Japan on September 24th & 25th, 1938. Having run out of fuel, they were forced to land, and spent ten days in the Siberian wilderness until rescued. At the time, they set the world's record for distance flown by women.

The Russian Girls !

The Russian Girls ! The Russian Girls !

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Not quite in the spirit of the thread but a man after my own heart!
    I guess the idea is that the enemy just lose interest in fighting and lie down

Mark
    it is the students of the Police Academy, likely future clerks and office workers.
    I think they are absolutely safe for the enemy

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Polina Denisovna Osipenko (Полина Денисовна Осипенко), Valentina Stepanovna Grizodubova (Валентина Степановна Гризодубова), & Marina Mikhailovna Raskova (Марина Михайловна Раскова), the three Heroines of "Rodina" (Родина), "Motherland", the Soviet women aviators who flew an Anatov ANT-37 3,617 miles nonstop from Moscow to the Soviet east coast near Japan on September 24th & 25th, 1938. Having run out of fuel, they were forced to land, and spent ten days in the Siberian wilderness until rescued. At the time, they set the world's record for distance flown by women.

The Russian Girls !

The Russian Girls ! The Russian Girls !
    The founders of Russian Female aviation during the war !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Uzbekistan SSR People’s Artist, 1932, and People’s Artist of the USSR, 1956, Tamara Artemovna Khanum (Тамара Артемовна Ханум), photo circa 1937, wearing her first of five Orders of the Red Banner of Labor, 1937, 1950, 1951, 1959, & 1967. Also awarded the Order of Lenin, 1976, and the Order Badge of Honor, 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !  

That's a nice thread, here some photos that I have :

The Russian Girls !
    The Russian Girls !
    The Russian Girls !
    The Russian Girls !
    The Russian Girls !

On a more contemporary note, no discussion of Russian women would be complete without the inclusion of Oksana Chusovitna, who, at 41 years of age, competed in the 2016 Olympic games in Rio.

"Chusovitina's career as an elite gymnast has spanned more than a quarter century. She won the USSR Junior Nationals in 1988 and began competing at the international level in 1989, before many of her current rivals were even born. She is the only female gymnast ever to compete in seven Olympic Games, and is one of only two female gymnasts to compete at the Olympics under three different national teams: the Unified Team in 1992; Uzbekistan in 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2016; and Germany in 2008 and 2012. Chusovitina has also competed in 10 World Championships, three Asian Games and three Goodwill Games. Chusovitina holds the record for the most individual world championships medals on a single event (nine, on the vault)." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oksana_Chusovitina)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Russian Girls !  

"Night witches" Galina Brok-Beltsova (l.) and Nadezhda Popova (m. / r.)

The Russian Girls !

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast