Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Russian signatures & names

Article about: Good morning! Can one identify the 2 Russian diplomats who issued & signed this certificate in 1944?

Default Russian signatures & names

Good morning!
    Can one identify the 2 Russian diplomats who issued & signed this certificate in 1944?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian signatures & names  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian signatures & names
    P
    Many

Top signature is A. Guzovskiy (А. Гузовский) and the bottom signature is I. Maksimov (И. Максимов).

Many many thanks Bill!

Does it say what are the two's position or title at the embassy?

Would this man be a spy? I cannot locate any information a German born Adolf Lemke...

No, I don't think so. It appears to be a document issued by the Russian Embassy in Algeria on August 2nd, 1944, certifying Adolf Lemke, born January 21st, 1904, Hamburg, is a Russian citizen, and is allowed to emigrate into the USSR. The signatures appear to be of the representatives of the embassy.

Does the title of the one who signs it say what his position at the embassy?
    I just find it odd that a German is a Soviet citizen and he is in Algeria from all places going to Moscow...

No, I do not see any indication of Adolf Lemke's position. My best guess, purely speculative, is Mr. Lemke renounced his German citizenship following the war, or perhaps at some point during the war, left Germany, and became a Soviet citizen. How and why he ended up in Algeria is anybody's guess. The certificate does not specify a return to Moscow, only that Mr. Lemke is allowed to emigrate to the Soviet Union because he is a citizen.

I assume that he might have been a Communist in order to travel there and not get killed. Back then most Germans would have been shot...
    I added another image of the document.
    Thanks for the help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian signatures & names