Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Solikamsk school of tank documents

Article about: Hello gentlemen, My latest addition to my collection is a set of two documents handed out to Junior-Technical Lieutnant Nikolay Ganig (or Ganich?) who studied at the Solikamsk school of tank

Default Solikamsk school of tank documents

Hello gentlemen,

My latest addition to my collection is a set of two documents handed out to Junior-Technical Lieutnant Nikolay Ganig (or Ganich?) who studied at the Solikamsk school of tank.
    The first document is, please correct me if I am wrong, a graduation paper from August 29 1944 from the Solikamsk school of tank, signed by Fedor Fedorov. The second paper is what I think is a paper showing where Nikolay is trained on, in this case the T34, SU85, the SU152 and the beast ISU152.

I haven't seen such papers before so I am quite happy with this latest find
    More research will be done as soon as time allows. If any of you perhaps know more about such "graduation" paperwork that I would be very thankful for all info etc.

All the best,
    Marcel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Solikamsk school of tank documents
    P
    Many

?

Ganich.
    Yes, you are right, the first paper is a graduation paper. Seems he was not the best student, cause an average mark he got was "3". ( "5" is fine, "4" is good, "3" is so-so and "2" is bad). So he graduated as a tank driver.
    The second paper shows the time he spent driving tanks. The first line shows types of tanks, the second one shows the time: 1 hour or 1h 50 min etc.

Thanks a lot for additional info and correcting me with the name!

?

And, look, having spent 11 months (from 15.09.1943 to 20.08.1944) in the tank school, he spent only 3h 40 min driving tanks. Not too much, isn't it? His marks were not very good and his next exam will be taken by Germans. I hope he survived.

It was common practice that students didn't spend much time in tanks (from what I understood from several memoirs). These, after all where hardly needed at the front.
    I agree with just a bit over 3,5 hrs his life expectations at the front weren't long unfortunately.

?

The main tactical training method in the field was "пешим по танковому" - "walking as tanks". The crews were walking together on the training ground playing the tank.
    At shooting range the real artillery shells were replaced with firing from a rifle inserted into the cannon barrel, or with co-axed MG using artillery sights range finder.