Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet starshina photograph-what period?

Article about: Hi Some time ago I've bought at flea market old photograph of Red Army starshina but Im not sure when it's been taken. On the back there is a writing "Na pamyat' druzyam Leshi i Lidi ot

Default Soviet starshina photograph-what period?

Hi
    Some time ago I've bought at flea market old photograph of Red Army starshina but Im not sure when it's been taken.

On the back there is a writing "Na pamyat' druzyam Leshi i Lidi ot (can't figure out the surname)" and date 8.3.45 and below "pamyat' Kotowitz" and a stamp of a photographer who had his studio in Katowice since WW1 through early post WWII era.

But the other thing is sergeant's uniform-it remind me the late 1940s-1950s kitel style tunics (but I've also seen similar uniforms on 1942 photograph of partisan's unit but with collar tabs on), but these post-war had sewned on shoulder boards-this one has tchem just on buttons, also he has strange dark (maybe dark blue?) pants, also a strange pattern of map case.

The other thing is that these post-war tunis were usually worn with belt with buckles with star, this belt is typical private/NCO WWII type. I can see he has Tokarev 1933 pistol in holster with hanger.

What do you think? Is 8.3.45 a date of photograph being taken or it was taken after the war?

Best Regards

Jacob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet starshina photograph-what period?   Soviet starshina photograph-what period?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet starshina photograph-what period?
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Jakob,

no chest pockets, a very short collar, I do not think it's a Soviet kittel .

I’ve seen similar one on mentioned partisans’s photograph, also with very short collar but I’ll look for it. Meanwhile do you have any idea what could this uniform be Dom? Maybe some tailor made?

Dom
    ?

With blue pants, we can think of a parade Mundir but even the collar is really too short .

?

His name is V.Makhorkin (В.Махоркин)
    There are 2 men with this surname and name starting with "V".

The first is Sr.Sgt Мохоркин Василий Петрович, 1919, 416 AA arty regiment.
    The other one is Lt. Мохоркин Василий Михайлович, 1924, SU-100 SPG commander, 1049 separate SPG regiment.

Maybe the Lieutenant both in 1924???

?

Or maybe the other guy from 1919?
    His unit, 416 AA arty regiment was engaging on 10 March 1945 near Jarząbkowice ( Google Maps ) , which is not that far from Katowice.
    On 19 Feb1945 the unit was located in town Strumien.

The other guy served in 9 Guards Tank Corps, which passed much more North of Katowice towards Berlin.

That would be correct, also lack of medals as he only get Medal for Bravery in May 1945, but then he was Sr.Sgt, so why on photograph with date from March 1945 was with starshina shoulder boards? It it possible that he was busted down to Sr.sgt?