Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Translation needed: Красноармейская книжка

Article about: Hello comrades, can anyone help me to translate the handwriting parts of this Красноармейская к

I don't see a paper document from 1946. I do, however, see a 1949 dated memorandum issued to Bonderenko saying he worked as a guard at mine #9 from November 11th, 1937 to July 11th, 1941 ostensibly when he was drafted or joined the army. Basically it's a verification of employment. The 1979 document appears to be a temporary certificate of participation in the Great Patriotic War.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation needed: Красноармейская книжка
    P
    Many

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    I don't see a paper document from 1946. I do, however, see a 1949 dated memorandum issued to Bonderenko saying he worked as a guard at mine #9 from November 11th, 1937 to July 11th, 1941 ostensibly when he was drafted or joined the army. Basically it's a verification of employment. The 1979 document appears to be a temporary certificate of participation in the Great Patriotic War.
    Ahh yes, i mean 1949. Thanks!
    Any idea on his military units?

?

Sorry bad Internet connection...

?

BANDORENKO was an auto garage manager before his draft, not a guard. :-)
    ЗАВГАР - ЗАВедующий ГАРажом.
    Hence after his draft in July 1941 he was assigned to the 35 autotransport regiment.
    In 1942 - auto repair battalion.
    And finally from 20 Feb 1943 - automechanic of 14 autotransport regiment, 1 battalion, 2 company. Served there until his demobing on 23 June 1945.

Quote by Egorka View Post
    BANDORENKO was an auto garage manager before his draft, not a guard. :-)
    ЗАВГАР - ЗАВедующий ГАРажом.
    Hence after his draft in July 1941 he was assigned to the 35 autotransport regiment.
    In 1942 - auto repair battalion.
    And finally from 20 Feb 1943 - automechanic of 14 autotransport regiment, 1 battalion, 2 company. Served there until his demobing on 23 June 1945.

Here is my addition to the topic-one page from starshina's book.
    I already can translate 3 top unit's to which he was attached but I can't clarify what's the last unit at the bottom with date 24.10.43.
    Looks like 222 AZSP (?armeysky zapasny strelkovy polk?) 28 something, 6 rota.
    I'll be grateful if anyone could find out what what this unit.
    Best Regards
    Jacob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translation needed: Красноармейская книжка  

Армейский Запасный Стрелковый Полк = Army Reserve Rifle Regiment, my best guess, not sure about the rest.

Thank you. Now I see the rest is not 28 … but 2 Btl.

Hello guys,
    I have a new Soviet ID-book from 1942. This one came with a red Soviet ID-book from 1948 called Voenny Bilet.
    I'm trying to understand the text, but its hard for me. Can you guys help me out again? If i'm correct his last name was Legkdooh (Легкодух), born in 1911. The seller told that the soldier fought in Berlin, that is why i bought it. But i wonder if that is true as 2nd Ukrainian front did not fought there.

Some questions i have:
    1. What was his first and middle name?
    2. Is he Ukrainian?
    3. What ranks (with dates) did he had? or only private?
    4. What were his jobs in the army? if i read it correctly he was with the 120mm mortar at some point?
    5. What medals did he had? Order of Glory 3rd class, 1941-1945 medal?
    6. In which units (with dates) was he?
    7. What is the difference between a Красноармейская книжка and Voenny Bilet?

If any other/better pictures are needed, let me know.
    Thanks in advance!

Legkodukh Grigory Vasilyevich, Ukrainian.
    Looks like he never made it higher that Guards Red Army Man-this was his rank by May 1945.
    He was 120mm mortar gunner (navodchik).
    He received Medal of Glory 3rd class by order of commander of 4th Gu. Mechanized Corps from 26 may 1945 and OGPW 1st class in 1985.
    By 12 Aug. 1943 served in 3/430 RR 162 rifle div. In december 1943 was in 56 reserve rifle regiment after recovering from wound. By January 1944 in 15 Guards mechanized brigade, 4th Gu.Mech. Corps. By January 1945 loader in mortar battalion, 3rd company, 15 Gu.Mech.Brig.
    He wasn’t in Berlin. He ended war in Czechoslovakia.
    Best Regards
    Jacob

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast