Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

100 amazing images of WW2 British Para's.

Article about: Hello chaps, came across this excellent photographic archive of British Para's during WW2 which I'd like to share. Some photo's you will have seen before, some you may not have. If it has be

Default 100 amazing images of WW2 British Para's.

Hello chaps,

came across this excellent photographic archive of British Para's during WW2 which I'd like to share. Some photo's you will have seen before, some you may not have. If it has been posted here before I will of course remove it. I find the site itself - War History Online - a real treasure trove too. Hope you enjoy it.

100 amazing images of WW2 British Para's.

Footnote to the photo above: Private Durston, of the 9th Battalion’s “A” Company, with a wounded German POW near the Ecarde crossroads, near the Chateau d’Amfreville. Just above Durston’s left wrist there is a skull and crossbones on his smock. This indicates that he was amongst those men of “A” Company who carried out the glider assault on the Merville Battery. Every man in G-B Force had a luminous skull and crossbones painted about them, so that once they had landed in the battery they could be distinguished from the enemy.

100 amazing images of WWII British Paratroopers - some you MAY not have seen before! - Page 3 of 10 - WAR HISTORY ONLINE

?

Thank you for posting this link

very nice link thanks.

?

Thank You for that fantastic site.
    Semper Fi
    Phil