Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Another piece of history ruined for profit

Article about: by Bill T Most of these albums never see the light of day or benefit the public, but just sit on the shelf of some collector. Selling these photos gets them into the hands of people who will

Default Re: Another piece of history ruined for profit

The same sort of act of bastardry and vandalism as was on display with the 'buy a fragment of a US Civil War Flag' thread that was seen recently. A great pity.

Very same

The museum is located in Alliance, Ohio and is a for-profit business. The entry charge is $10. I have to agree with all of you that his excuse for destroying a subject-specific album is weak. I notice that he says there are no unit designations. I would think that a serious museum operation would have people on its staff whose task is specifically to make those sorts of identifications. A museum that can't identify what it acquires isn't worth much as museums go. I'm sure--in fact I know--there are people on this forum who could determine the unit(s) depicted in the photos. I notice that he can't spell "intact." But in the end, a "for-profit" anything, says it all. Below is the store-front museum in Alliance, Ohio. Dwight
    Another piece of history ruined for profit

Any "museum" that would cost me Ten Dollars just to walk in the Door had better have an Incredible mind-blowing inventory to look at.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yeah, Bill... snakes will do anything for a buck

?

Is this the same guy that sold a donated RR eagle a while back.....if it is then no one should be surprised. It's a real dick move and what's more, if he doesn't realize it - then may he goes belly up and fade away.

EDIT: After looking up old threads, I believe they are not the same, but breaking up a album is still a dick move.
    Regards,
    John

?

Maybe the local newspaper would like to know something about this.

Quote by relicz View Post
    Is this the same guy that sold a donated RR eagle a while back.....if it is then no one should be surprised. It's a real dick move and what's more, if he doesn't realize it - then may he goes belly up and fade away.
    Not the same guy and not the same situation... if he had been selling the eagle in pieces it would have been another matter, of course

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Not the same guy and not the same situation... if he had been selling the eagle in pieces it would have been another matter, of course
    Yes, I revisited old thread and they are not the same. I stand corrected, .....they are just from the same state.
    Regards,
    John

I am always deeply saddened whenever groupings whether document, medal or photo albums are split up it turns something with an identifiable history which can be placed into an exact context into just an item .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast