Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

ANZAC Day

Article about: Terrific mate! Over 50 000 people attended the dawn service in Kings Park here in W.A. We went to our local RSL for the service as we have a seven year old daughter and it is just too busy i

Default Re: ANZAC Day

Terrific mate! Over 50 000 people attended the dawn service in Kings Park here in W.A. We went to our local RSL for the service as we have a seven year old daughter and it is just too busy in Kings Park for a little girl, however our local turnout was also very good and with an expected top of 29c the weather was terrific for everyone. I took some photos, I'll resize them and post a couple here if I may. I hope wherever you all are that you had a great ANZAC day.

As I'm first generation Australian. LEST WE FORGET

AIF
    ?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Terrific mate! Over 50 000 people attended the dawn service in Kings Park here in W.A. We went to our local RSL for the service as we have a seven year old daughter and it is just too busy in Kings Park for a little girl, however our local turnout was also very good and with an expected top of 29c the weather was terrific for everyone. I took some photos, I'll resize them and post a couple here if I may. I hope wherever you all are that you had a great ANZAC day.
    One of these days I am going to make It to Kings Park for Anzac day although I am a Queenslander born and raised I come from a long line of West Aussies

My cousin sent me over some pictures of Anzac day there last year and our uncles name on the memorial and as I will probably never get to visit his grave that will be the next best thing

Quote by AIF View Post
    One of these days I am going to make It to Kings Park for Anzac day although I am a Queenslander born and raised I come from a long line of West Aussies

My cousin sent me over some pictures of Anzac day their last year and our uncles name on the memorial there and as I will probably never get to visit his grave that will be the next best thing
    Your welcome at our place for a barbie and beer anytime your here mate.

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    As I'm first generation Australian. LEST WE FORGET
    6th generation myself but we are all still Aussies mate no matter how or when you got here

AIF
    ?

My uncle Laurie second from the left... Looking after their mate who has been wounded by a Japanese sniper at Balikpapan Borneo July 1945.

Stolen from the AWM site but I think it captures the Anzac spirt well... Looking out for and never letting your mates down
    Attached Images Attached Images ANZAC Day 

AIF
    ?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Your welcome at our place for a barbie and beer anytime your here mate.
    Mate I might just have to take you up on that one day!

went in to geelong today to watch the march there was a realy good turn out. and point danger, torquay. i heard was big turn out again.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Mate I might just have to take you up on that one day!
    Anytime you like mate.

I'm 6th generation too and believe it or not, so is my wife! If you look hard enough you can still see the chain marks around our ankles!

A couple of pics of our local ANZAC day service today, not a bad turnout for a local community event.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ANZAC Day   ANZAC Day  

ANZAC Day   ANZAC Day  

ANZAC Day  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast