Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.

Article about: Hiya, in my opinion this is a unique little grouping. Vera Andrews served in the ATS from 1942 until the end of the war in 1945. However, she found civvy life boring and re-joined the ATS in

Default ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.

Hiya, in my opinion this is a unique little grouping.

Vera Andrews served in the ATS from 1942 until the end of the war in 1945. However, she found civvy life boring and re-joined the ATS in 1948 to serve for another year & 157 days.

Here are her two AB64's. Nice extras pasted inside re the size chart for clothing and the anti gas instructions.

Cheers, Lez.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.   ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.  

ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.   ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.  

ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.   ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.  

Default Re: ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.

I also have her ATS Cap badge and three ATS shoulder titles for the Service Dress uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.  

These two hankies were her's. These are private purchase sweetheart items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.   ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.  

Good stuff, this is something I need to read more about.

She also bought these two sterling silver sweetheart rings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ATS grouping to one a lady who served twice.  

Thanks Mo.

I am passionate about the ATS (as you might guess LOL)

This group was a very kind gift from a friend who was Vera's neighbour. Sadly I never met her. But my friend Simon told me the ATS was her life. So he knew she would have been happy for me to take care of them.

Cheers, Lez.

This item was also her's. An ATS cap badge which the crown has been removed along with the slider fixing and the whole thing flatten out. Maybe part of an unfinished "trench art" project?

Cheers, Lez.