Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Aussie Tram Tickets WW2 "Returned Soldier Only"

Article about: G'day All Here's a set you won't see every day. Can't be too common? Rescued from the rubbish when I was a ragamuffin at 16!!!

Default Re: Aussie Tram Tickets WW2 "Returned Soldier Only"

There is a film set in Melb about a GI that murdered women here "Death of a Soldier"1986
    Death of a Soldier (1986) - Plot Summary
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-16-2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: added link

AIF
    ?

I will have to see If I can find a copy mate, It looks very interesting Ive never heard of this one before, though I saw a documentry a while back with a similar story about several American soldiers who were executed in England during ww2 for raping and murdering women over there...

Cheers Luke.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Yeah I knew that clown MacArthur and his staff were down there critisising our troops in New Guinea while he was as far away from the battle front as he could possibly be, I just wasnt sure If there were any large number of US troops down there but I guess there would have been though.

And 2d is 2 pennies which is 2 cents in todays money, pretty bloody cheap for a tram ride
    MacArther should have had more sense,He had first had knowledge of Australian Infantry in WW1.I think he was all out to discredit the Australians so HIS Americans could take the glory.The sad thing was that Blamey was his puppet.
    Nice find there,maybe the condition of the tickets(the card their made from) gives a hint re their age.
    Cheers Fellas
    Dave

Quote by AIF View Post
    Yeah I knew that clown MacArthur and his staff were down there critisising our troops in New Guinea while he was as far away from the battle front as he could possibly be, I just wasnt sure If there were any large number of US troops down there but I guess there would have been though.

And 2d is 2 pennies which is 2 cents in todays money, pretty bloody cheap for a tram ride
    1d short of a coke

AIF
    ?

Great pic Rene He sure looks as If he could do with a coke!! ...Its no wonder they lost the war though, after the Yanks cut off their supplies for the coke factories the poor buggers had to drink fanta

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    There is a film set in Melb about a GI that murdered women here "Death of a Soldier"1986
    Death of a Soldier (1986) - Plot Summary

Just found the whole movie on youtube I will watch it tonight and see how it is

Quote by AIF View Post
    Just found the whole movie on youtube I will watch it tonight and see how it is
    you will like it, has facts on US and Aussie soldiers in fire fights between us!!!!

AIF
    ?

Heres my travel pass its for Brisbane and dated 1940 Its named to QX5713 Reginald Peter Hughes who served in the 2/7th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers May 1940 - Oct 1945. Its fairly small too when its folded its roughly the size of a match box.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aussie Tram Tickets WW2 "Returned Soldier Only"   Aussie Tram Tickets WW2 "Returned Soldier Only"  

AIF
    ?

Also Rene I watched that movie last night it wasnt too bad for an Aussie 1980s movie, It was good to see old Maurie Fields and Bill Hunter as the coppers, the Aussie uniforms were a little off but nothing too bad.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Heres my travel pass its for Brisbane and dated 1940 Its named to QX5713 Reginald Peter Hughes who served in the 2/7th Field Company Royal Australian Engineers May 1940 - Oct 1945. Its fairly small too when its folded its roughly the size of a match box.
    Very nice thanks Mate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast