Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Article about: Picked this up today at the local show. Not your typical printed versions. This is silk and hand embroidered. Excellent condition and just a little fading. While not clearly evident in the p

MAP
    ?

Default Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Picked this up today at the local show. Not your typical printed versions. This is silk and hand embroidered with cotton or wool type thread. Excellent condition and just a little fading.

While not clearly evident in the photos, this was framed many years ago. The frame has a nice musty smell to it and the exterior glass is covered with mold spots. This probably hung on a basement wall of a vets home for a very long time.

Could easily clean off the mold spots on the glass, but I am going to leave it as is.

Enjoy!

Michael

** Double click to enlarge photos

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2

Blood Chit - Silk US WW2
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice

MAP
    ?

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Very nice
    Thanks! It was the perfect buy as it came framed. Now I just need to find the wall space to hang it! LoL

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks! It was the perfect buy as it came framed. Now I just need to find the wall space to hang it! LoL
    Time to add on the the house I would say.
    Nice piece and well made. Good find!!!!!
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Time to add on the the house I would say.
    Nice piece and well made. Good find!!!!!
    Thanks Marty.

Well, local zoning laws will not allow me to add to the footprint of the house. Have already slowly started taking over my boys "study/computer" room by adding a IKEA Deltof shelf and a 4 level Barrister bookcase. They however are already full.

Just for reference, this flag is 12 inches high by 8 inches wide. In the frame it is 15x11. Not too big...but really no wall space left in the "main" war room.