Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Brit Ghouli chit

Article about: This was given to me some time ago when I met a great bunch of fellows that attended a reunion for a British flight training school in Miami , Oklahoma that was started at the beggining of W

?

Default Brit Ghouli chit

This was given to me some time ago when I met a great bunch of fellows that attended a reunion for a British flight training school in Miami , Oklahoma that was started at the beggining of WWII in Europe. The US wasn't in it yet when the school was set up by a company known as Spartan in 1940. They are still in business in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The majority of the lads that trained in the beggining classes perished during the Battle of Britian. It caused a tremendous amount of saddnes in the area as the lads were well liked and entertained by many local families. It was a great pleasure for myself and my wife to meet many of the fellows, and their wives, that trained here throughout WWII.
    This CBI chit and rank stripes were given to me by a fine gentleman named Keith Leigh.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brit Ghouli chit   Brit Ghouli chit  

Brit Ghouli chit   Brit Ghouli chit  

Brit Ghouli chit  

Default Re: Brit Ghouli chit

Very interesting!

Thanks for showing this great little group.

Cheers, Ade.