Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Free Corps leaflet.

Article about: I guess this is not quite the right place to post such a leaflet but I was unsure where it should be posted. I was unaware I had it till yesterday when I found it inside the front cover of a

Default British Free Corps leaflet.

I guess this is not quite the right place to post such a leaflet but I was unsure where it should be posted. I was unaware I had it till yesterday when I found it inside the front cover of a book I was looking at. I have not seen such a leaflet before and don't know if such a thing is scarce or not. If one of you knows about such things please let me know.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Free Corps leaflet.  

Looks like a good original. Seen them before but never one for sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice item. Out of interest what was the book that you found it inside of?

Hi Grimebox,
    Thanks for your reply. The book it was in was " The Birdcage, Ilag VII Laufen Oberbayern-Germany 1944". This was a book written for and by Channel Islanders who had been deported and interned in the Camp at Laufen. I have no idea how it came to be in the book but it was a bit of a surprise.
    D

They recruited in POW camps in Germany so I can only assume the Islander was given the leaflet while in the camp ???

Interesting documentary here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwfIkoRjMw

The only thing which may help, there is the month and year written on it...June 1944.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    The only thing which may help, there is the month and year written on it...June 1944.
    That's when the leaflets started being distributed throughout POW camps in Germany I believe

Might be worth researching if any Islander became a member...... I assume the book it was found in belonged to an Islander D ??

Cheers

In that case I think its fair to assume the leaflet has always been with the book and it came from the camp.... interesting and thankyou for the info.
    D

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    In that case I think its fair to assume the leaflet has always been with the book and it came from the camp.... interesting and thankyou for the info.
    D
    Sounds good to me, that's quite an interesting piece of history you have there, although the BFC are not my cup of tea !!!

Some interesting trivia regarding the leaflet, it was composed by the well-known BFC creator Frank McLardy, a scouser. He was later court martialled in 1946 and sentenced to life imprisonment at an Army Camp less than 500 yards from where I am now !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast