Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody tell me how to get this flyer traslated into English?

Article about: I assume I posted this in the proper forum. I know it is a document given to German soldiers when they surrendered, but most of it is unreadable to me. Hilfe, bitte?

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Can anybody tell me how to get this flyer traslated into English?

I assume I posted this in the proper forum. I know it is a document given to German soldiers when they surrendered, but most of it is unreadable to me. Hilfe, bitte?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anybody tell me how to get this flyer traslated into English?   Can anybody tell me how to get this flyer traslated into English?  

Default Re: Can anybody tell me how to get this flyer traslated into English?

You can just type the text into the google translate: Google Translate
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

The headline in red " one minute that can save your life " Read these six rules carefully and take note ! It could mean the difference between life and death!
    Was ist zu tun = what you should do. Here it gives in the first paragraph the instructions on how a single combatant should surrender and in the second how groups should surrender.
    It was obviously important to have your arms in the air and hold a handkerchief as it is mentioned in three places.
    It also says prisoners will be treated in accordance of the Geneva convention, That they will be sent home as soon as possible after the war, they will be kept in good personal order as like us you are the best groomed men in the world???, everyman will be allowed to send home 4 postcards and 4 letters per month etc etc etc ... anything you really want to know?

Kris...

oh yeah! And the war is lost for Germany LOL

Here you go. Document no. 1:

"What is to be done?

Individual Surrender: Individual soldiers or small groups surrender by putting down weapons, helmet and waistbelt, raising their hands and waving either a handkerchief or a flyer. If there are allied soldiers in the immediate vicinity, they are to be called out to. Certificates for safe passage, while useful, are not strictly necessary. Collection points for prisoners of war are located along the main roads and thoroughfares.

Group Surrender: If the surrender occurs in larger groups, it has to be carried out under adherence to military discipline. The non-commissioned officer in charge is responsible for the orderly carrying-out. Officers hand over their units as a whole, if possible to an allied officer of equivalent rank. If talks are necessary, authorized negotiators may personally contact the nearest allied command post in accordance with the Hague Convention.

Treatment of Prisoners of War

1. IMMEDIATE EVACUATION from the combat zone. Permanent camps are already prepared for you.

2. DECENT TREATMENT. On account of the Geneva Convention, you will be treated as soldiers.

3. GOOD PROVISIONING. You will receive the same food as us, the best-provisioned army in the world.

4. FIELD HOSPITAL TREATMENT. Your wounded and sick will be treated the same as our own.

5. OPPORTUNITY FOR WRITING. You can send home 4 postcards and 4 letters per man and per month.

6. RETURN. After the end of the war, you will be sent home as soon as possible.
    "

Document no. 2:

"ONE
    MINUTE
    that can save your life.

Read the following 6 points thoroughly and mindfully! They can mean the difference between death and life for you.

1. In these battles of attrition, bravery alone cannot make up for the lack of tanks, aircraft and artillery.

2. Between the failure in the west and the collapse in the east, the decision has been brought on: Germany has lost the war.

3. You are not facing barbarians, who may even find joy in killing, but soldiers who want to spare your life.

4. Still, we can only spare those who do not force us to use our weapons against them by putting up useless resistance.

5. It is up to you to clearly demonstrate to us your intentions by raising your hands, waving a handkerchief etc.

6. Prisoners of war will be treated fairly and decently, without harassment - as is proper for soldiers who have fought bravely.

It is up to you alone to make the decision. But, should you find yourself in a desperate situation, consider what you have read.
    "

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    You can just type the text into the google translate: Google Translate
    Have YOU ever tried that? If a word has more than one meaning (most do) then it makes for some strange translations!

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Document no. 2:

"ONE
    MINUTE
    that can save your life.

Read the following 6 points thoroughly and mindfully! They can mean the difference between death and life for you.

1. In these battles of attrition, bravery alone cannot make up for the lack of tanks, aircraft and artillery.

2. Between the failure in the west and the collapse in the east, the decision has been brought on: Germany has lost the war.

3. You are not facing barbarians, who may even find joy in killing, but soldiers who want to spare your life.

4. Still, we can only spare those who do not force us to use our weapons against them by putting up useless resistance.

5. It is up to you to clearly demonstrate to us your intentions by raising your hands, waving a handkerchief etc.

6. Prisoners of war will be treated fairly and decently, without harassment - as is proper for soldiers who have fought bravely.

It is up to you alone to make the decision. But, should you find yourself in a desperate situation, consider what you have read.
    "
    I would like to hire you to translate for me! Thanks a lot!