Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

can anyone help me with this pic?

Article about: I was talking to my dad yesterday about my grandfathers service, and trying to piece together different bits of information from the photos he has. This one however, doesn't seem to fit in w

Default can anyone help me with this pic?

I was talking to my dad yesterday about my grandfathers service, and trying to piece together different bits of information from the photos he has.
    This one however, doesn't seem to fit in with any of the others and we are now thinking it may be a different relative altogether.
    can anyone with fresh eyes give me a couple of pointers towards age of the image or make out the regiment?

any slight bit of help would be greatly appriciated!
    Ed

can anyone help me with this pic?

Ed, can you post a higher res scan of it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i will try and get one, this is the one my dad sent over this morning.
    The original is pretty poor too.

NCA
    ?

well its post 1922 on account of them wearing 1922 pattern service dress.The collar dogs look sort of familiar?...Gloucester reg?Cant make out the rifles either...I don't think theyre SMLE's...cant see the magazines.

many thanks for the info NCA, i will go off and do a bit more digging on other of my dads family members, and pull up a few likely candidates and regiments and try to narrow down the search!.

Jerry, i will put the best quality pic on here as soon as i get over to my dads again this week. but im not sure if it will help much as the original is pretty poor.

thanks again guys!
    Ed

The collars look to be sphinx's and as NCA mentioned they were worn by the Gloucesters, though the cap badge does not look to be for them. Other regiments wore the sphinx as a collar including the SWB's but again the badge does not match. The Exxex also wore the sphinx as did the Dorsetshires and the Lanc fusiliers as well and probably others as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.