Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Capture Paper for Dagger Help Please

Article about: I picked up over the weekend. Now I am not sure if faked. I like the tone of the paper but not the weight of the paper. Almost has the feel of #18 bound paper with relatively crisp edges. I

Default Capture Paper for Dagger Help Please

I picked up over the weekend. Now I am not sure if faked. I like the tone of the paper but not the weight of the paper. Almost has the feel of #18 bound paper with relatively crisp edges. I am not sure what used at this time. The stamping also looks really good; too good. Any thoughts are appreciated as I only have a few capture papers with lighter paper.
    John

Hey,
    I have thrown up the one that was the paper for the bring back bayonet I Posted last week. In my experience I have seen especially the "Items" section written out in many fashions. Also when it comes to the typewriters used there ca be variarin. Any luck on the persons and if they where with that outfit. Overall all the printing areas i look at comparing to mine are matching.These have to be somewhat easy to copy.so many variations on how they have been filled out can complicate things.Paper is similar compare it if you can to paper from other nice examples when you get the chance. Just throwing stuff the wall here. we could probably write a book on bring back papers.
    GP

?

Here are a couple of my capture paper examples:

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks for posting examples. I am still leaning towards fake on mine. I am going to do some additional research on the paper available at the time. This one does not feel old. Could have been stored very well over time but not convinced.
    John