Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Chelmsford

Article about: Found this at a garage sale in the US. Thought you guys across the pond might enjoy seeing it. Wondering if the pub is still there. Obviously, the crisis of September, 1938 would be the Muni

?

Default Chelmsford

Found this at a garage sale in the US. Thought you guys across the pond might enjoy seeing it. Wondering if the pub is still there. Obviously, the crisis of September, 1938 would be the Munich Pact Sudetenland. Can anyone tell what type of unit the is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chelmsford   Chelmsford  

They are Royal Engineers. (RE)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I second that motion sir . RE Royal Engineers... Cheers Terry.

Mind saying that!! Doesn't say A COY ?... did the engineers have Companies?? I thought it was Squadrons!!!!.

?

I live in Chelmsford, but do not recognise the pub - I cant see a pub name.

?

Thank you for your reply. The name of the pub is "The Ship". Then it says, "Truman's Beers". I hope this helps.

?

The pub is very much still in business - it is now called the Ship Inn.

It is actually located between the villages of Galleywood and Stock, approx. 3 miles south of Chelmsford. Apart for the addition of a modern picket fence - the pub looks almost identical to the picture above.

This link takes you to their web site: The Ship Inn

?

Thanks for the reply and link.Too bad in a year these guys were in a real war.