Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

childhood sort out

Article about: Ive posted a couple of threads with my old helmets, and thought id share this lot with you guys This is photos, letters, postcards and documents belonging to Corporal Jack Galvin "8185&

?

Default childhood sort out

Ive posted a couple of threads with my old helmets, and thought id share this lot with you guys
    This is photos, letters, postcards and documents belonging to Corporal Jack Galvin "8185", B company, 1st bedfordshire regiment and his family.
    Its been many years since these saw light, let alone read them. Cpl Galvin was a p.o.w, which may possibly explain why some envelopes are marked opened by censor? There is a number of correspondance, one which shows "meschede camp" and "please note change of address"
    There is also a "greeting from the king and queen" sending their greetings to you, the prisoners of war. And another message from the king "welcoming you on your release from the miseries & hardship, which you have endured with so much patience and courage"
    There is a great photo/postcard of the boys of the regiments football team, and another of them dressed for panto.

Had them since i was a child, purchased them as i was into military items 30 years ago.
    Dont know what to do with them?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture childhood sort out   childhood sort out  

childhood sort out   childhood sort out  

Interesting grouping, hope you keep it together!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Also got this little lot, including "Alfred Adamson 6144598" soldiers service and pay book, complete with lucky feather. an airgraph from christmas 1944 and plenty of information leaflets from ww2.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture childhood sort out   childhood sort out  

childhood sort out  

?

I wonder if you could find the descendants of these men? The families might be thrilled to be given the chance to buy them back? If not, then sell as complete collections.

Oz

?

Beds and Herts regimental museum ...

Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire Regiment Museum Collection