Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dec. 7 1941

Article about: Let us all remember what happened on this day so long ago. My Grandfather was stationed in Schofield Barracks from 1938 -1941 just before the war. He was in the US Army and was a MP.My Grand

?

Default Dec. 7 1941

Let us all remember what happened on this day so long ago.
    My Grandfather was stationed in Schofield Barracks from 1938 -1941 just before the war. He was in the US Army and was a MP.My Grandmother used to say that when he heard that Pearl Harbor was attacked that he went nuts, and told her that he was going back in. When the war started he joined back up but in the US Navy.( told my Grandmother he wanted to sleep in a bed every night) He didn't talk much about the war. As a kid the only time I remember him talking was when he had a few,and he was talking to another vet. To the day he died if it was made in Japan he would not buy it. The very few times he did talk to me about the war he would only say that he lost alot of good friends. In the Navy he was on the USS Vulcan and was a diver. Here in the US today has more meaning then in most places.To those who care its Pearl Harbor day. For the US it was the day the Japanese woke the sleeping giant.Unfortunately if you ask a kid today what is important about today they have no clue. So if you can take a moment and thank a vet for all they did. Just some of my Grandfathers photos of Hawaii. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dec. 7 1941   Dec. 7 1941  

Dec. 7 1941   Dec. 7 1941  

Attached Images Attached Images Dec. 7 1941 

Tuntematon sotilas
    ?

Default Re: Dec. 7 1941

Respect

Hello Gary,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and those great pics. Those brave men there in Pearl Harbor deserve our respect and gratitude for their great service.

Have a great day!

James

?

James I agree you have a great day also.

An excellent story... your grandad sounded like a great guy! Thank you for sharing.

Best Regards,
    Lee

Thanks for posting Gary...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dec. 7 1941  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Lee he was one tough SOB but to me he was a Hero. Steve always good to hear from you. Gary

?

Lee my grandfather back in the day was liked to fight. He got in some trouble and the judge told him either join the Army or go to jail.When he got to Hawaii he was telling the guys in his barrack to leave his stuff alone.( he grew up in an orphanage)The Sgt. heard him and the Sgt. told my grandfather that all the items belonged to the Sgt.. My grandfather told the Sgt where the sun shined. So the story goes the Sgt. dragged my grandfather out side where my grandfather (19years old) kicked the s out of the Sgt. Well along came the MP's and they recruited him. He also played football for the Army. Gary

?

some of his football photo's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dec. 7 1941   Dec. 7 1941  

Dec. 7 1941  

Thanks for posting this thread Gary.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast