Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Deinze - Belgium KOSB 1945 (a photographic longshot!)

Article about: Hi everyone, My father and I recently found some photographs of my grandad that had been "misplaced" for years. Like a happy little schoolboy i have been piecing them together with

Hey Jeffrey,
    repeating your message wouldn't help much.
    Bananamafia is a active member here, he will notice your message iat some point or you can send him a private message.
    To send him a private message you click on his name and you will get all details to do so.
    cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Jeffrey Van Den Heede View Post
    Hi there,

Stella Yde was the aunt of my mother (Grace Yde) and the cafe was indeed in the Tolpoortstraat in Deinze!
    I was looking for old photo's of the cafe on the internet (a few years ago they build apartments instead) and I almost fell of my chair when I saw aunt Stella's handwriting!
    She died in 2008, lived a happy and prosper life and told a lot about the good days in the cafe.
    What's the name of your father? Maybe I heard his name in one of her tales...

Greetings from Deinze!
    Hi Jeffery, good to hear that!!
    My grandfather was Arthur Walker, he served in the KOSB and must have spent a little time in the Cafe!!

I know the Cafe has gone, as i took my father on a road trip a couple of years ago. our plan was to find the street and take a few photos etc. but it was a building site, so we probably only missed it my a couple of months.

How old would Stella have been in 1945?

kind regards
    Ed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3