Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisenhower D-Day Letter

Article about: Hi friends I purchased on ebay the eisenhower's letter to the troops before the landing... from UK seller.... is in perfect conditions..This letter is a unissued rare d day letter it was giv

Default Eisenhower D-Day Letter

Hi friends

I purchased on ebay the eisenhower's letter to the troops before the landing... from UK seller.... is in perfect conditions..This letter is a unissued rare d day letter it was given to a Veterans Society by the m.o.d who found some unissued letters in a store room. whitout fold, but is a glossy paper.
    Eisenhower D-Day Letter
    (Letter "g" from signature is defective also.. is a normal printing problem??..not emitted by the defect ?

Eisenhower D-Day Letter

Eisenhower D-Day Letter
    The question is:
    YOU KNOW IF THE ORIGINAL LETTER IS A GLOSSY PAPER OR SHINY?
    I have the black light test but i have dudes .. I think it is a fake...... or not

Tx.
    Xavi.-

I agree that it is fake. I have two of these letters and both were printed on thin, fairly course paper as per wartime economy printing, they are most definitely not glossy. Also, if it were issued during the war then the chances of it surviving in pristine condition is minute. Here are a couple of pics of mine for reference.

Sorry, just read that these were meant to have been found in a store room or something. Nevertheless, the condition of the one in your photo does not appear consistent with the age of the paper. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisenhower D-Day Letter   Eisenhower D-Day Letter  

NCA
    ?

I'm going with repro too....these weren't printed on glossy paper.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it...

When I was about 13 years old I found a box of my father's and in it were 4 perfect exampled of this letter he had saved... along with other stuff. I was fascinated....

A few years later, during one of my Mom's Spring cleaning marathons, she threw them away... along with my Dad's collection of WWII 16mm footage he took with his Eastman cassette 16mm camera... including footage of VE day in Trafalgar square....

DOH!

I speculate that many reprints were created for the Home-front as well, to commemorate the "Great Crusade"...
    cheers, Glenn

113 Dollars
    Quote by NCA View Post
    I'm going with repro too....these weren't printed on glossy paper.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it...

Sorry to hear, friend...you definitely overpaid...Allied paper items are rarely worth that much to begin with...
    cheers, Glenn

Jan
    ?

Bringing this one out every June 6th so hereĀ“s my original one for comparison.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisenhower D-Day Letter   Eisenhower D-Day Letter  

Hi Guys,
    Here's mine, one day I'll try & do some research on these names !
    Regards
    Paul

Eisenhower D-Day Letter  

Jan
    ?

Thanks Paul,

A very, very nice memento!

Best, Jan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast