MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enlarging WWII photographs????

Article about: I purchased about 50 WWII photographs off craigslist the other day. They are slightly curved and I am wondering how I should store them. I don't want them to stick to each other or get ruine

Default Enlarging WWII photographs????

I purchased about 50 WWII photographs off craigslist the other day. They are slightly curved and I am wondering how I should store them. I don't want them to stick to each other or get ruined in some other way. Can I put them in any photo album? I paid a bit for these pictures plus I love them so I want to make sure they don't get damaged.
    Also Does anyone know anything about getting WWII era photographs enlarged to say 8 x 10 size? Do you have to go to a professional photographer to do so or are there other cheaper options? I want them nice quality and not say the quality of personal scanner printer option. Below is one of the photographs purchased. It measures approx. 4 1/2 long by 3 1/2 tall.
    Enlarging WWII photographs????

Default Re: Enlarging WWII photographs????

I store mine flat in a modern photo album and I enlarge them by scanning them at a high resolution and print them on photo paper but if you prefer to take them to a photo center that is an option too.

?

Also make sure when you add some of your combat photos put some sort of watermark so people dont steal your photos.

Ryan

Would you mind posting all of your pictures on the forum I enjoy USMC pictures, do you know if these are published photos or any province on them?

I don't know if they are published. I purchased them from a women who said they were her fathers who was in Company I Third Battalion, 25th Marines, 4th Marine Division. He received the purple heart for being wounded in action Feb 19, 1945. She said that someone was going to throw these out and he said he wanted them. I don't know if that makes sense or not. They are pretty cool, there are a couple aerial shots, some look professional I think but what do I know. I will post some more soon, I only have the one scanned in at the moment.

Feb 19th 1945 was the day that the amphibious landings on Iwo Jima started, and the 4th and 5th Marine divisions were the first two to land so there is a good chance that he was wounded at Iwo Jima.

Oh wow, I wonder if there is a way I can tell from the photos if that is where they were taken?

Does this forum have a policy on posting pictures of dead bodies? Some of the photographs are a bit grim.

Looks like they are published pictures from Iwo Jima, after the battle many times pictures sets like these were sold as souvenirs.
    https://www.mca-marines.org/leatherneck/21stMarines

I guess that means these not much monetary value to these then?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast