Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Enlarging WWII photographs????

Article about: I purchased about 50 WWII photographs off craigslist the other day. They are slightly curved and I am wondering how I should store them. I don't want them to stick to each other or get ruine

Default Re: Enlarging WWII photographs????

Just wondering if I paid too much, I'm not good with values of things yet.

It depends on rarity of them they appear to be original prints form then, so they have some value. Not near as much as one of a kind photos. If you check epay you can see the little envelopes labeled with Battles names that contain these and see their selling price.
    I would guess 20-40 on a good day
    I have some USMC unpublished pictures that I have payed 15$ a piece for some of the more interesting ones and 1$ for typical ones.

20-40 for the lot of 50? Yikes, I well over paid. Well, that'll teach me.

Look through them and see if all of them are reprints you might have some originals and you could probably get at least a buck a piece out of them I did not realize you had that many / forgot the number in the original post.
    If you have some unpublished you may have a lot more value in them. Just google IWO Jima / USMC and see if you can find them all online

I checked eBay real quick cause you mentioned that first and I do see some of the ones I have. I noticed that different sellers are selling reprints of the same photo. Are you allowed to sell reprints of already published photos like that? I thought you had to have the rights to the photo to reproduce and sell it?

If they are not copyrighted photos I think it is allowed. That is why a lot of forum members watermark their pictures so no one makes money off of their photos that they payed for...

I buy a lot of old news agency photos and newswire prints which are around $10-15 range per image so if you paid less than that per photo I would be pretty happy. News agency photos were of course distributed far and wide but still have value. I am never concerned if I later find out I could have paid less, I pay what I think is right to own the item at that time. Over the long term things even themselves out...the steals balance out the overpays

There will be little chance of any comeback in offering copies of the photo prints that you have as someone would have to prove that they were the copyright owner, the original photographer or legal heir. If the photos are not marked on the reverse with a formal copyright notice then it is even more difficult to prove copyright ownership in any dispute.

Even though I do not collect In the same area I look forward to seeing other scans
    Last edited by StefanM; 04-08-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

the rest of the photos.. I messed up scanning and they all got cut in half. I don't have time to rescan them so I hope you all don't mind.
    Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????Enlarging WWII photographs????

Some great pictures thanks for sharing them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2