Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The First Canadian Army in WWII

Article about: I was just looking over this fine website and thought that it might be of interest to any Canadians/Canadiennes as it has Heaps of Great photos and stories to tell by Veterans, Journalists a

Default The First Canadian Army in WWII

I was just looking over this fine website and thought that it might be of interest to any Canadians/Canadiennes as it has Heaps of Great photos and stories to tell by Veterans, Journalists and more. Check it out, at any rate-it's a Very well done site!
    MLU - Victory in Europe Intro
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Great link!

?

Many thanks William I am on it

Regards Mark K

Thanks for the link! Looks like a good site.

Good stuff.
    chris

?

Nice site,thanks....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Great link to a site with quality pictures, the uniform details are very clear, great stuff. Having lived in Amsterdam I know some of the locations, Dam square for instance. Interesting to see 6 and a quarter being marched away into captivity, as he was captured by the Royal Welch Fusiliers.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

There are 2 websites called Maple Leaf Up, the other one is for fellows that restore Military Trucks, Tanks ect, I am a member of that one, guys offer some interesting items for sale on the MLU site I belong to.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

I've spent Many a lazy day hanging out in Dam Square....watching the street performers, listening to the bells of the Queens Palace...just relaxing and watching, literally, the World go by. My usual Hotel I used to stay in was less than a block away on Dam Street-the Doria. Those were the Days.......and to see photos like these with the Panzers parked around and the SS flags in the windows in the Square...Anne Frank's house a few blocks away...it sure makes History live.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I've spent Many a lazy day hanging out in Dam Square....watching the street performers, listening to the bells of the Queens Palace...just relaxing and watching, literally, the World go by. My usual Hotel I used to stay in was less than a block away on Dam Street-the Doria. Those were the Days.......and to see photos like these with the Panzers parked around and the SS flags in the windows in the Square...Anne Frank's house a few blocks away...it sure makes History live.
    I lived on Groenburgwal for two years, about 10 minutes walk away from Dam square, near the fleamarket at waterlooplein. I have a lot of good memories of Amsterdam, though also lots that were not so good, too crowded and a different place to live than it is to visit for a holiday. Sadly Anne Frank's house is just so touristy these days, the Ten Boom house in Haarlem is a better visitor experience, much more intimate and not so touristy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.