Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

French translation of document - unusual Pass or Passport?

Article about: Hello all, I recently purchased a job lot of militaria, mainly WW2, amongst it was this document written in French and written on very thin, tissue like, paper. I have done my best to transl

Default French translation of document - unusual Pass or Passport?

Hello all,
    I recently purchased a job lot of militaria, mainly WW2, amongst it was this document written in French and written on very thin, tissue like, paper. I have done my best to translate it and it would appear to be some sort of pass or passport allowing someone to travel from London to France. The problem is that I have used Google translate and that does not rectify grammatical issues. I have identified that the left hand column is for the description of the named person.
    Can anybody tell me what is for, It’s age and whether it is military related?
    Many thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French translation of document - unusual Pass or Passport?   French translation of document - unusual Pass or Passport?  

It is a Safe conduct.

It is intended for any civil or military authority, of the French police or of any friendly or allied nation of the French Republic to allow free transit from London to ............. And to provide help and protection if necessary.
    I would not claim that it is a military document. but I am not an expert...

?

I think You are pretty much correct with Your translation.

Many thanks, do you have any knowledge on these? I am only aware of the safe conduct in respect of Prisoners of war or ‘blood chits’ for downed airmen. I am a little confused as to why the safe passage is from London, could this be something to do with the Government in exile?
    Many thanks again for the clarification on the translation.

I'm sorry I can't help you more, mate. I only used my rusty French to translate the document. But I will follow the thread to know if someone can help reveal its meaning or purpose.

it's not military, I think it's from 1900 or around, because no name of the printing house.
    Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/