Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Germans in 1922 SD tunic? & MKII helmets

Article about: Just picked up 3 photos showing Germans wearing what looks like a 1922 SD tunic, I'm assuming the photos were taken immediately after or during the fall of France but isn't the tunic too lig

?

Default Germans in 1922 SD tunic? & MKII helmets

Just picked up 3 photos showing Germans wearing what looks like a 1922 SD tunic, I'm assuming the photos were taken immediately after or during the fall of France but isn't the tunic too light in colour?

They're taking it in turns being photographed with a French Mle 15 and British MKII helmets.

The odd word on the reverse is partially covered by the paper in the album they were glued to, looks as though it's only a couple of surnames.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germans in 1922 SD tunic? & MKII helmets   Germans in 1922 SD tunic? & MKII helmets  

Germans in 1922 SD tunic? & MKII helmets  

?

Why do you think they are Germans? The only German thing I can see is the helmet in the first picture - am I missing something? What helmet is the man on the right of the first picture wearing - I don't recognise the type.

Im bewildered!! .... Ynot..could you be more clear on your information or show us what research you have, that causes you to "Guess" what and who are in these photos.

Clarification please!

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

My guess/assumption is based on the photos coming from Germany, partial German writing on the reverse, one tunic being worn by different men in photos taken at what appears to be the same time as well as swapping helmets when taking each others photos.

I don't recognise the helmet being worn on the right either.

Just to clarify:
    My query is regarding the tunic, it looks Brit. but to me it looks lighter in colour than a khaki British tunic I'd expect to see in NW Europe (the background looks European to me too).

I'm not looking for any confirmation on what I'm guessing to be the nationality of the men wearing it, I've mentioned above why I think they might not Brits and I'm sorry I confused both of you by suggesting in the opening post and title they may be German without adding details about my thoughts.

Tony
    Last edited by ynot; 07-17-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Tunic is a KD, not sure on the other helmet, not British, eastern european I think, romanian or something of that ilk. The bearded guy looks out of place for a German unless KM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for the reply Jerry and confirmation on the KD tunic.

Tony

Hi Tony, I reckon the other helmet worn by the guy on the right is Italian.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!