Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Girl Who Loved The Swastika

Article about: Don't know where to show this, not really military, but just too good to not share. This was put out in the US by a Bible Group in the 60s or 70s. Hansi falls under the Nazi Spell and works

MAP
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I've seen these before...interesting use of the Swastika to grab attention for a more positive purpose...There's another one called "The Cross and the Switchblade" telling the story of Cory Ten Boom...
    cheers, Glenn
    Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I remember these Christian evangelical comic books from the 1970s. The Teen Boom story was actually called The Hiding Place, although I dare say a switchblade might have come in handy in Ravensbrück KL, or perhaps not.

Philip
    Just a slight clarification. Yes, Corrie Ten Boom was The Hinding Place. The Cross and the Switchblade is the story of David Wilkerson dealing with gang memeber in the US.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My favorite bit of dialogue in that comic has to be:

"An
    AMERICAN
    !!!
    AND HE's
    CHEWING
    GUM
    !
    "

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I've seen these before...interesting use of the Swastika to grab attention for a more positive purpose...There's another one called "The Cross and the Switchblade" telling the story of Cory Ten Boom...
    cheers, Glenn
    I remember going to a rally once back in the mid-70's by Reverend David Wilkerson-the author of "The Cross and the Switchblade". I finally had to leave early-the guy was a total glassy-eyed lunatic...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have visited the Ten Boom house in Haarlem which has been left largely untouched since WWII, much better than the Anne Frank House these days which has bee largely stripped of all but a few items. The Ten boom house does come with a message from the tour guides, but still very atmospheric.

The cartoon book at the start certainly has appeal to the TR collector and though post war is an interesting item of propaganda.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The book of the same name that this comic is based on can be purchased from Amazon uk for 1p. Much rather have the comic though for those great illustrations.

Hansi is HOT!!

?

Thanks Guys, I am surprised at the responses. I will keep an eye out for other copies of these and let the members know if I find any.
    Yes I spelled it attic!! Couldn't find my glasses when I was posting it.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hansi is HOT!!
    Not as hot as our Jane !

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images The Girl Who Loved The Swastika 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I wouldn't climb over Hansi to get to Jane.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2