Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hand drawn pictures

Article about: These are three hand drawn sketches by a man named Don Mathieson. My grandfather served with him overseas. I found a pieces of art with all the other things I found. They are 34 inches by 22

?

Default Hand drawn pictures

These are three hand drawn sketches by a man named Don Mathieson. My grandfather served with him overseas. I found a pieces of art with all the other things I found. They are 34 inches by 22 inches approximately. Drawn on Italian paper in thick black ink. Don and my grandfather must have served in Italy together. Any body have an opinion?Hand drawn picturesHand drawn picturesHand drawn pictures

good artist.

?

Interesting work.

Definitely frame them to protect them. And with the cheap type of paper being 70 years old or more, do not handle them as little as possible with bare fingers-preferably with cotton gloves.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

The first one looks more Greek than Italian with the guys wearing the skirts and long socks...but then again maybe they are Scots

IMHO these are important (not saying valuable) pieces of history. Definitely from them with acid free paper and UV glass

Thanks for showing. If I had them they would be proudly displayed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

As usual the scots are drunk and fighting eachother. Vikingblood usually has this impact on the one of us from the North.

As the other has said, touch with white cotton gloves only. If you have plans for framing them, then take a high quality photos and frame those. Store the originals in a very secure dry and pest free enviroment.

MAP
    ?

Looking now on my PC and can expand the pictures....yes, definitely Scotts...LoL...

And I can now see the quality much better. I really like these....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

You have a new computer MAP??!

Envy-envy-envy........

MAP
    ?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    You have a new computer MAP??!

Envy-envy-envy........

My old (but good) PC hard drive crashed two weeks ago. Got a new custom built rocket of a PC installed a few days ago....It is AWESOME!!! And the best part is....my wife bought it for me along with a bottle of Balvenie Caribbean Cask single malt scotch for our anniversary....She is a keeper!!!

Michael

?

The drawings are dated too. The last one is a powerful image, maybe his way of coping with his experiences? If you know their unit then you may be able to find out where they were in October 1944. The Bologna-Rimini sign would be a clue.

Oz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast