Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help With Information About Vet

Article about: Hello, I've had this grouping for a few years, but have not had much luck in finding information on this vet. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Tom

?

Default Help With Information About Vet

Hello,

I've had this grouping for a few years, but have not had much luck in finding information on this vet. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help With Information About Vet   Help With Information About Vet  

Attached Images Attached Images Help With Information About Vet  Help With Information About Vet  Help With Information About Vet 

I found this;
    Strother Roscoe Pullen b 1908 Rappahannock Co. Va. died 1986 Vienna, Va.
    buried: National Cemetery, Culpeper, Va.

?

Help With Information About Vet

MAP
    ?

Something doesn't jive. Enlisted in October of 1945 (the war was over)! And for the Hawaiian Dept? Sure this is the same guy? And if so...are these medals bring backs (Army of Occupation)? Or purchased post war?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That 45 can't be right. He would be almost 40!

That 45 might be a re-enlistment. Check this out;
    Strother R Pullen (1908-1986) - Find A Grave Memorial

MAP
    ?

That must be it (i.e. re-enlistment) as he served in Korea as well. Two bloody wars!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Year of birth is right, and he was a T5

Pullen, Strother R., b. 07/29/1908, d. 06/01/1986, SP5 USA_, Plot: 1 1373, bur. 06/04/1986, *

?

Thank you guys, I appreciate your help.

Tom

?

That would mean the PFC 1st class stripe would be at a minimum his reenlistment rank, it would appear the t/5 rating came post '45 reenlistment.

Of course, the fire of '73 wreaked havoc on the files. Some state enlistment and NG records have helped reassemble some of them, but many are still completely non existent or somewhat garbled.