Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Home Guard Despatch Rider Photos

Article about: These photos were picked up at a boot sale,the picture with Austin tilley in back ground has a lot of interesting features like two types of despatch arm badges,i dont know why being home gu

Default Home Guard Despatch Rider Photos

These photos were picked up at a boot sale,the picture with Austin tilley in back ground has a lot of interesting features like two types of despatch arm badges,i dont know why being home guard do they appear to have an arm of service stripe,is it signals ?
    Can anyone identify the bike the sergeant looks so proud of on one of the single bike pics.And lastly on the multi person photo it says LON TX COLN on the tank,i take it thats a London division ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Guard Despatch Rider Photos   Home Guard Despatch Rider Photos  

Home Guard Despatch Rider Photos   Home Guard Despatch Rider Photos  

Home Guard Despatch Rider Photos  

Lon Col is city of london homeguard, TX isd I think /Thundersley 1st Essex which included Texas A&M university.

The mc arm badge came in two variants, with flat wings and raised wings. Unusual in my experience to see home guard with arm of service strips but early days regulations were probably a bit slack and perhaps they were allowed them. Royal signals titles came in a few variants including the full Royal Corps of Signals or just Royal Signals and even I think R. Sigs.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry
    theve all got home guard semi circular arm titles,lets see if anyone can confirm arm of service.
    The tilley has divisional signs but they are indestinct
    thanks Colin
    ps ive got some Welch guards mc pics i will put on for your delight in next couple of days