Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Large Autograph Collection I just bought British American Canadian German

Article about: On Sunday, one of my pickers held this aside for me, it is a large collection of Military Autographs. Canadian British American German and several Post War KGB members ect!! I have taken a f

?

Not sure about the Frost signature it doesn't correspond with the original i have ! Elements of British Airborne fought at Primisole Bridge during Operation Husky the invasion of Sicily !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

The Dambuster signature is that of Bomb Aimer Johnie Johnson ( he wasn't a VC Winner ) , he attacked the Sorpe Dam as part of the crew of the Lanc piloted by the only American on the raid Joe McCarthy !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Von der Heydte also commanded Operation Stosser the only German night drop of the war in the early hours of 16/12/19444 at the start of the VR Offensive !

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Not sure about the Frost signature it doesn't correspond with the original i have ! Elements of British Airborne fought at Primisole Bridge during Operation Husky the invasion of Sicily !
    Frosty commanded the 2nd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment from 1942 onwards, he commanded the battalion throughout the N.African campaign and they were heavily involved in the Sicily campaign and also with the 1st Parachute Brigades attack on Primisole Bridge. His battalion were ordered to capture three hills to the South, codenamed Johnny I, II, and III.

?

The Johnson Autograph was the Canadian Battle of Britain Pilot who became an "Ace"

I have not yet had time to check out my original Frost auto, against the one in the book, wish I knew the date it was signed.

Dean O

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    The Johnson Autograph was the Canadian Battle of Britain Pilot who became an "Ace"

I have not yet had time to check out my original Frost auto, against the one in the book, wish I knew the date it was signed.

Dean O
    Ah right Dean , so who is the Dambuster signature Gibson or Cheshire , if it's Gibson you have a signature that is worth a lot of money !!

1st July 1916

?

The "Dambuster" VC autograph is from Bill Reid, he "won" his VC in 43. The info states he flew with the Dambusters, but I will have to look more into that.
    There are just so many autographs I need to do more research on and I am rather busy with other projects at this time, I may take a few of them to a Military show I am doing this Sat as I know a few collectors or Airbourn and RCAF RAF items.

I Just Checked, he flew with 617 Squadron after he recieved his VC and his A/C has hit by a Bomb dropped from another bomber that was above him, He was captured and spent the rest of the war in a POW Camp

Dean O
    Canada

?

He won his VC with 61 Squadron, 5 Group Bomber Command flying out of RAF Syerston near Newark , on 3/11/43 during a raid on Düsseldorf . I met him many years ago , a very nice bloke !

1st July 1916

?

Paul D, Glad to hear he was a Nice Fellow, it seems that most of them were, well from what I have read.
    I was the Driver for Lt Col Tiltson a VC winner, He lost both legs in the "hockweld"? A very nice Fellow that let me touch the VC he was wearing, he insisted I come in for a Drink with him and several other Majors and Cols. I really felt out of place as I was only a Master Cpl at the time... just tried to make myself very small.

Dean O
    Canada

?

I talk about Maj Tilston and his action when we pass through Udem then into the Hochwald Gap on the Rhineland Battlefiled Tour that i guide , must have been a great honour to drive him around Dean !

1st July 1916

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast