Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Letters home from a wounded soldier...

Article about: Just picked these up yesterday from a vet who knew the gentlemen the letters were sent from....The vet is also in possesion of his Purple Heart and various other medals/awards. I hope to go

?

Default Letters home from a wounded soldier...

Just picked these up yesterday from a vet who knew the gentlemen the letters were sent from....The vet is also in possesion of his Purple Heart and various other medals/awards. I hope to go back this weekend and pick up the remainder of the lot.

The letters really put you there. He even talks about the war in Europe being pretty much over and eventually going to the Pacific once he has healed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Letters home from a wounded soldier...   Letters home from a wounded soldier...  

Letters home from a wounded soldier...   Letters home from a wounded soldier...  

Letters home from a wounded soldier...  

Default Re: Letters home from a wounded soldier...

Great history, I really enjoy hearing the individual stories of soldiers from all sides in the war.

Jay

?

Hearing or reading first hand stories is the best part of this "hobby"...plus researching the history behind the items you find.

It was actually dumb luck that I found the letters....The envelope was lying face down on the floor of the vets garage...I just happened to look down and there it was!

Nice save! I'll be interested in seeing the rest when you get it. Thanks for posting.

Jay