Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Materials used

Article about: Hi. I am looking for information on the paper commonly used by the German officials for documents during WW2. Also I am interested about the kind of folders used to contain official document

Default Materials used

Hi.
    I am looking for information on the paper commonly used by the German officials for documents during WW2.
    Also I am interested about the kind of folders used to contain official documents like personal files and stuff because they probably changed over the last 80 years.

I want to recreate some documents for reenactment purposes and would like to keep them as realistic as possible.
    (As in "using the same materials" not as "looking old", since in 1941 of course they should look new or only slightly used.)

I know that in later years of the war, some amount of the used fibers were substituted by used clothes but could not find anything more about it.
    It would be great if anybody could point me in the right direction what kind of paper to use and maybe even where to get something similar.

Also I am looking for a font that resembles commonly used typewriters of the time and everything else that might help me (hi-res images of stamps, etc.).

?

What we used to do as boyscouts is draw a map with charcoal, crumble it up and throw coffee on it
    Although as a German soldier probably has no need for a treasure map, I can show you two variants of German document paper that I own which I have no name for the type of paper itself, although theres clearly a difference as time goes on;

1937 Geburtsurkunde

Materials used

Materials used

You'll probably have to zoom in to see what I'm talking about but theres clearly a degrading in quality, 1942 is flimsier and thinner than the 1937 geburtsurkunde. The fibres on the 1942 variants are also visible under the loop where as the 1937 one is clean cut. As for your typewriterfont, theres tons of them downloadable on the internet, just google ''Typewriter font''. Good luck

-Bas

I suggest trying to search some dealer sites ad they often have period documents for sale which would be a start.

Also the members here might be concerned about unknown new members trying to copy period originals.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.