Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40

Article about: Hello folks. Received this one this morning, along with a grouping of food and clothing ration books. A British military training pamphlet, published in January 1945, detailing the recogniti

Default Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40

Hello folks.

Received this one this morning, along with a grouping of food and clothing ration books. A British military training pamphlet, published in January 1945, detailing the recognition of various mines and booby traps used by the Germans. This is an interesting one for me, as it still serves as an educational aid all these years later. I'll no longer have any problems telling apart the various types of Tellermines, for example! Also interesting to see the various ways in which S-Mines were rigged to explode.

Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40Mines and Booby Traps: Military Training Pamphlet No.40

The staples are unfortunately very rusty in this one, a common problem with these manuals. The rest of the book remains in good condition regardless.

Regards, B.B.

?

Never heard of a reigel mine before. That’s something new for me to have a look into. Really interesting manual you have there!

Was something new for me too. I had no idea there were so many variations of the Tellermine either.

B.B.

Beautiful book, the Riegel Mine 43 was used at the end of the war, I found 3 in Alsace, used against tanks.

I never saw such pictures : how to put Mines, congratulations!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

A very interesting and informative manual BB. You could remove the old rusty staples and re-staple it, that might prevent the spread of rust stain.

Thumbs up

That's a great pick-up, BB ! I also have a copy and as you rightly say, it's full of useful info.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm trying to decide on whether or not to remove the staples. It would save the book from rust stains, but could end up damaging it and might affect the value of it. It's an issue I have with almost all of my manuals, ration books and magazines. I'm thinking a few careful dabs of Renaissance Wax might be enough to contain the rust, but I'm not sure. I tend to err on the side of 'leave it alone' with these things.

B.B.

Lightbulb

I'd leave it as it is, BB. If you interfere with the staples, they'll probably break and it will never look the same. For me, I'd consider it part of the 'patina of age' - it's a pamphlet, now over 70 years old. The advice ( as with copies of Signal, etc ) is 'handle with (great) care......'