Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Montgomery's signature on thankyou card

Article about: Hello guys, a customer and I were talking about our interest in WW2" today and told me his uncle had a personal signed thank you card from Monty himself? he then brought these in to sho

Default Montgomery's signature on thankyou card

Hello guys, a customer and I were talking about our interest in WW2" today and told me his uncle had a personal signed thank you card from Monty himself? he then brought these in to show me, with this "none fraternisation leaflet / card could anyone kindly give me more info about the fraternisation card please also if there is value to the "thank you card from the great man himself? he told me his uncle used to be a "bat man" ?? for Monty so any help at all would be appreciated as you know this is way out of my collecting area,
    thanks in advance, Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Montgomery's signature on thankyou card   Montgomery's signature on thankyou card  

Montgomery's signature on thankyou card  

Monty's signature is worth money if it is a signature and not printed, but even as a facsimile it has value though not that much, perhaps £10-20 for the two cards, though if hand signed quite a bit more.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have seen identical cards before and these are not personally signed but have a printed copy of Monty's signature. I would of thought Jerry's valuation was about right.

Thanks for the help guys, the customer is having a look for some photo's of his uncle with Monty if he finds them I will show them I will have a closer look at the blue signature as I thought it was ink thanks again for your help,
    cheers Ronnie